Those of you using channel layouts...

Hi all -

We have had some requests for additional symbols in the channel layouts and we need your help. What symbols would you like to have added? I need more detail than "tv symbols", please. :-) If you could provide sketches or types of fixtures you would like to have represented, we can look to have those symbols designed.

Looking forward to your feedback - 

Thanks!

Sarah

Parents
  • Hi Sarah.

I'd like a few more generic shapes to allow me to add annotations to a layout.
    Shapes such as circles, ovals, stars, rounded corner squares or rectangles.

As well as shapes it would be great to have text boxes with basic formating (alignment, size, underline/bold/italic, text  colour & box background/ foreground colour) to identify specific layout sections, or other useful info. If the above mentioned shapes could have text inside them that would be even better!

Lastly , please make any symbol able to operate any layout function. Functions such as Group, Focus point, Focus Pallete ( etc.) & Macro.
    I.e. make a circle be able to be a dimmer channel, or a Group button, or a Master, instead of a Group being assigned only to its specific symbol.
    This is already done for channels; they can be either the channel symbol or one of a number of shapes/fixture/lamps symbols.
    Have a 'toggled' state so it's obvious that the shape has been chosen/operated.

And while on Layouts, please make a copy & paste or a duplicate function available so that we can make a copy of one layout & modify it, rather than having to start all over again !

[edited by: Ric at 10:59 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Mar 12 2009]
  • Hi Sarah.

I'd like a few more generic shapes to allow me to add annotations to a layout.
    Shapes such as circles, ovals, stars, rounded corner squares or rectangles.

As well as shapes it would be great to have text boxes with basic formating (alignment, size, underline/bold/italic, text  colour & box background/ foreground colour) to identify specific layout sections, or other useful info. If the above mentioned shapes could have text inside them that would be even better!

Lastly , please make any symbol able to operate any layout function. Functions such as Group, Focus point, Focus Pallete ( etc.) & Macro.
    I.e. make a circle be able to be a dimmer channel, or a Group button, or a Master, instead of a Group being assigned only to its specific symbol.
    This is already done for channels; they can be either the channel symbol or one of a number of shapes/fixture/lamps symbols.
    Have a 'toggled' state so it's obvious that the shape has been chosen/operated.

And while on Layouts, please make a copy & paste or a duplicate function available so that we can make a copy of one layout & modify it, rather than having to start all over again !

[edited by: Ric at 10:59 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Mar 12 2009]
Children
No Data
Related