Those of you using channel layouts...

Hi all -

We have had some requests for additional symbols in the channel layouts and we need your help. What symbols would you like to have added? I need more detail than "tv symbols", please. :-) If you could provide sketches or types of fixtures you would like to have represented, we can look to have those symbols designed.

Looking forward to your feedback - 

Thanks!

Sarah

Parents
  • Hi There ,

For the european coutry's it should be nice to have also a symbol for a PC ( plano convex)

Also usefull should be a symbol for RGB Fixtures. one for a pixel and one for a LED fixture.

It should also be very nice to have a symbol for something special . Just a circle of somthing, to point on a lantarn, a chandelier or a standing lampin the decor.

A symbol for a followspot should also be nice.

If you are going further, different symbols for 1200W Spot/wash, 575 spot/wash and 250 spot/wash. I know you can change this by changing the size. But otherwise it should be nice that the link is already made when you patch a fixture. Maybe i'm dreaming, but it has to be possible.

Now i'm really started, It should be so nice if the symbols of CMY and RGB fixtures are taking the color where there are in. Something like the buttons on a smartfade ML. It could be so usefull while  you are programming in blind mode. You can make al your color chasers and stuff, just on the screen.

And last but not least. Create some symbols for a Console, a Jr. console, a back up server, dimmers and nodes. Like that you can make it possible to see your network set-up. Connect all devices with lines, and point on with a color if your device is active on the network. Even further, please make it possible that you can configure your node's and dimmers from your console. It's stays for me strange that you need a external windows based laptop to configure a 2 port node or a dimmer while your are working with a windows based console that's already on the network.All this could make life a lot easier. ETC is coming out this year with TOTAL CONTROL, please make it a total control system.

Don't understand me wrong,  just keep on doing this nice innovating work and see my thoughs like hints for the future. Congo is already a great lighting platform, but just don't stop to make it better.

Greets

• Thanks for the input!

Regarding the request to configure the network from the console, I believe if you install NCE or GCE on your console, you will get buttons in the Settings (the system settings available from the startup screen) to launch those programs. Also, Net3 Services may be installed on consoles running v5.0.x software to provide DHCP and time server functions from the console as well. 

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Thanks for the input!

Regarding the request to configure the network from the console, I believe if you install NCE or GCE on your console, you will get buttons in the Settings (the system settings available from the startup screen) to launch those programs. Also, Net3 Services may be installed on consoles running v5.0.x software to provide DHCP and time server functions from the console as well. 

Thanks much -

Sarah

Children
  • In the interest of keeping this thread on-topic, I've posted instruction for installing NCE, GCE and Net3 Services onto Congo here

My personal few requests for channel layouts would be:

• Can label channels, using one column from the Channel Database.
    • Option to import the number of the symbol used for the channel when importing data into the channel database (0,1,2,3...10 etc)
    • Option to export the channel database (including symbols used) as a CSV file.

With regards to symbols:

• Different symbols for 'small', 'medium', and 'large' versions of all lanterns except parcan.
      • This would cover 575W, 1kW, 2kW or 250W, 575W, 1kW etc.
      • It's extremely rare that any show would use more than three sizes of a given class of fixture.
    • Make the default size of the symbols bigger - I find that I almost always grow the symbol to maximum size so I can see the channel number easily.

[edited by: Richard at 12:23 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Sep 26 2008] [edited by: Richard at 12:22 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Sep 26 2008] [edited by: Richard at 12:13 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Sep 26 2008] [edited by: Richard at 12:07 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Sep 26 2008]
  • Hi!

I'm interested in more European style symbols in editor, mainly for:

PC/PPC (Plano convex / pebble plano convex)

Fresnel (different symbol than in USA)

Profile fixtures and followspots

Svoboda battens

Footlights/generic battens

Something like http://www.fieldtemplate.com/plastic/continental.html

Also, it would be nice if we (users) could import or draft our own or generic / specific symbols (Ok, maybe too much to ask, but I have to try :o)

[edited by: Nicholas Mayer at 5:07 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Mar 4 2009]
  • Hi

Like almost every europeans  I think that symbols for PC, fresnel and profile for 650w, 1kw, 2kw has to be some difference cause only the size isn't enough also symbols for followspots, Svobodas and the possibility for us to create our own symbols for more generic things.

Also the UNDO key. I think that this key it's very important cause sometimes I want to delete something and if I do some mistake I've got to redraw everything again.  

Related