Those of you using channel layouts...

Hi all -

We have had some requests for additional symbols in the channel layouts and we need your help. What symbols would you like to have added? I need more detail than "tv symbols", please. :-) If you could provide sketches or types of fixtures you would like to have represented, we can look to have those symbols designed.

Looking forward to your feedback - 

Thanks!

Sarah

Parents
  • One of the things that I would like to see is a way to not lose attributes when changing channels from the standard box to a light (i.e. a light with a scroller will show the frame you're in at the bottom until you change the symbol to something other than the channel box.) 

Also it would be great to be able to label a single channel...currently it seems that you have to draw a box or a line in order to place text on a light.  I also find that I tend to use the par symbol for lekos, because the text is hard to read when it overlaps the lines of the lights...maybe the text can have a solid background or something (this is especially an issue when the light is on a diagonal). 

Another issue I've had is that I sometimes have my assistant update my channel layouts on the client while I'm programming on the server, and it gives me an hourglass because as he makes changes it is constantly trying to update my display.  It would be nice to have a way for it to be a choice to only update the changes when the editing tab is closed.

Thanks.

Mark

• One of the things that I would like to see is a way to not lose attributes when changing channels from the standard box to a light (i.e. a light with a scroller will show the frame you're in at the bottom until you change the symbol to something other than the channel box.) 

Also it would be great to be able to label a single channel...currently it seems that you have to draw a box or a line in order to place text on a light.  I also find that I tend to use the par symbol for lekos, because the text is hard to read when it overlaps the lines of the lights...maybe the text can have a solid background or something (this is especially an issue when the light is on a diagonal). 

Another issue I've had is that I sometimes have my assistant update my channel layouts on the client while I'm programming on the server, and it gives me an hourglass because as he makes changes it is constantly trying to update my display.  It would be nice to have a way for it to be a choice to only update the changes when the editing tab is closed.

Thanks.

Mark

Children
No Data
Related