Channels names?

Hi All.

It is bosible in next software wersions create a table with channels names. Devices hasve a names in live modesw. This is perfect, but can we have channels names?

Thanks

Parents
  • You're looking for the "Channel Database", under Browser > Channels > Settings and Tools.

You can also import CSV files (with file extension .txt) to put the data there, for example from Lightwright, Wysiwyg or similar.

Text put into columns A,B,C and D is used to create auto-groups, and will be displayed in the 'info' part of the Browser when you select a channel.

• Thanks.

But I ask about channels name in live view on displays like a  device name under the channel  ( live mode or whatever mode)

• Hi there-

We will be considering this for a future version of software. In the mean time, you can get the Text A label under your standard channels if you patch them like devices instead of as dimmers. You can create a Template for a single parameter device (Intensity) and then patch your dimmers that way. If you need to patch more than one dimmer to that channel, patch one to the device side and the remaining dimmers to the dimmer side. Then the texts will appear. It's a little awkward, but it will work.

I hope this helps - 

Thanks -

Sarah

• sclausen:

Hi there-

. In the mean time, you can get the Text A label under your standard channels if you patch them like devices instead of as dimmers. You can create a Template for a single parameter device (Intensity) and then patch your dimmers that way. If you need to patch more than one dimmer to that channel, patch one to the device side and the remaining dimmers to the dimmer side. Then the texts will appear. It's a little awkward, but it will work.

No to pieknie.

Yes we have that idea, but in presets channels are recording in devices column. It can be a  problem when we want modify presets, or when we have no time for patching so many devices

sclausen:

I hope this helps - 

Thanks -

Thanks! We'll be wating .... : )

[edited by: Michał at 1:26 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Sep 30 2008] [edited by: Michał at 1:23 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Sep 30 2008]
  • Hi there -

If the only attribute on the device is "Intensity" then that channel is handled exactly the same as all other intensity channels. You can edit your presets as if only dimmers had been patched. This is why I would build a custom template containing one parameter - Intensity.

The patch is more complicated because one dimmer needs to be patched to the device side of the channel, but you should see no difference with your presets or editing. The devices column is only showing where attributes other than intensity have been recorded. :-)

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi there -

If the only attribute on the device is "Intensity" then that channel is handled exactly the same as all other intensity channels. You can edit your presets as if only dimmers had been patched. This is why I would build a custom template containing one parameter - Intensity.

The patch is more complicated because one dimmer needs to be patched to the device side of the channel, but you should see no difference with your presets or editing. The devices column is only showing where attributes other than intensity have been recorded. :-)

Thanks -

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related