V5 Effect Engine Problems

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my Congo 1000 to V5 and on the whole found it to be a vast improvement on the previous versions of the software.

However I have found some problems when recently trying to program a few chases for a show using the new V5 Effects Engine... 

1) After programming the effect, getting it to run (start the chase > CH + [Master Assign Key] to assign it to a master) and linking it to a cue (or main sequence step) I found that when playing back the show the effect would start successfully and run ok, but only for the duration of the fade. After the fade has completed the effect stops. I have tried altering all manner of timings etc but still the same ... always quits as the fade completes.

2) Having programmed a few chases and assigned separate effect playbacks to each effect, I find that certain cues in the show make the effect playback change the effect it is assigned to. Sometimes.. in fact usually it assigns a name that isn't even the name of a valid effect in the show. usually just a number... I got 96 and 97??? Obviously this isn't and effect in the show so nothing happens when I hit GO. 

So I ended up programming chases the classic Congo way (Seq Wizard etc) which works ok but its not so easy to program organic chases (flickers etc) On the flip side of this I've not found a way to program the BPM in to a new V5 chase... has this been left out or am I missing something?

Any comments welome :0)

Cheers

Craig

Wakefield Arts Centre  - West Yorkshire - UK 

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related