congo jnr midi question

hi there,

i have a congo jnr and was wondering if it is poss to connect a keyboard via midi input, is it poss to assign certain notes on the keyboard to control groups or single channels? can only seem to make it control go button etc , any help would be most appreciated.

cheers tony

Parents
  • In the MIDI department, we're going to have to wait for a newer release of the Congo software. Although 4.3.0 added better MIDI support, it's not quite at the point where it's 100% customizable. Although, read the manual to the Congo/Jr. and see if there's an exact answer, because a MIDI keyboard used as a control would be beneficial for training somebody who's not necessarily able to know how to run a board, ie training an middle schooler to run the board, something i have to deal with because some of them can't deal with not pressing buttons taht don't say "Go" or "Back" or "Hold" (although the Idea48's hold button is blank, but i still run into the problem).
  • Arel, I'm not sure that I understand you there!

We spent a very large amount of effort trying to make the Congo and Congo Jr facepanels as easy to use as possible, and all the keys are labelled with their function, either by LCD or on the keycap.

When training someone to use the console, why would you consider giving them a non-standard interface that was not designed for lighting control?

If you are concerned that they may damage it, then why let them use it at all? 

[edited by: Richard at 4:24 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Apr 17 2007]
  • Arel, I'm not sure that I understand you there!

We spent a very large amount of effort trying to make the Congo and Congo Jr facepanels as easy to use as possible, and all the keys are labelled with their function, either by LCD or on the keycap.

When training someone to use the console, why would you consider giving them a non-standard interface that was not designed for lighting control?

If you are concerned that they may damage it, then why let them use it at all? 

[edited by: Richard at 4:24 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Apr 17 2007]
Children
No Data
Related