congo jnr midi question

hi there,

i have a congo jnr and was wondering if it is poss to connect a keyboard via midi input, is it poss to assign certain notes on the keyboard to control groups or single channels? can only seem to make it control go button etc , any help would be most appreciated.

cheers tony

Parents
  • In the MIDI department, we're going to have to wait for a newer release of the Congo software. Although 4.3.0 added better MIDI support, it's not quite at the point where it's 100% customizable. Although, read the manual to the Congo/Jr. and see if there's an exact answer, because a MIDI keyboard used as a control would be beneficial for training somebody who's not necessarily able to know how to run a board, ie training an middle schooler to run the board, something i have to deal with because some of them can't deal with not pressing buttons taht don't say "Go" or "Back" or "Hold" (although the Idea48's hold button is blank, but i still run into the problem).
  • Isn't Congo a multiuser console?  Have you considered just logging them in with only "playback" privileges?
  • Arg, misread a post agian... 

I was stating a theoretical situation, our directors don't put kids we can't trust on lights. However, it's still a problem that they have been known to start pressing buttons (one of my friends actually managed to kill a sub on our Idea48 during Middle School) although nobody's killed a show yet.

Also, I would hate to train on a non-standard console, but knowing what MIDI numbers correspond to the Keys is also a nice step to introducing them to MIDI later in life.

[edited by: Arel at 8:51 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Apr 17 2007] Fixed comprehension
  • Arg, misread a post agian... 

I was stating a theoretical situation, our directors don't put kids we can't trust on lights. However, it's still a problem that they have been known to start pressing buttons (one of my friends actually managed to kill a sub on our Idea48 during Middle School) although nobody's killed a show yet.

Also, I would hate to train on a non-standard console, but knowing what MIDI numbers correspond to the Keys is also a nice step to introducing them to MIDI later in life.

[edited by: Arel at 8:51 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Apr 17 2007] Fixed comprehension
Children
No Data
Related