Congo Chases

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Hi,

Can anyone help me with chases, I know how to create a chase and edit steps etc but how I would setup a chase where I can manually bump through the steps live.

Also is there a fast way to create chase steps from a live state. Like you would on a strand 530      record fx 3.1, 3.2 etc

Thanks

Ryan

Parents
  •  

Ryano:
    how I would setup a chase where I can manually bump through the steps live.
    That would be a "Sequence", just like you have on the Main Playback!

Remember that the Masters on a Congo are not just 'Submasters' - they can have any type of content placed onto them, including Sequences.

Congo v5 has three ways of creating chases. You can either use Chase Effects, Content Effects or you can use Sequences.

Sequences can either be run as Chases, or as Normal sequences.

The fastest way to do this is as follows:

•  [SEQ] to open the Sequences List.
    • #, [Insert] to create a new Sequence.
    • Assign that sequence to any Master - eg # [SEQ]&[Master Key] from Live, or just hitting a Master Key if you're in the Sequences List and have the right sequence selected.
    • Close the Sequences List.
    • Set up channels at levels for the first step.
    • Ensure that only the channels you want are selected.
      • If no channels are selected, you'll record everything to this step.
      • If some channels are selected, then they are the only ones that will be recorded.
      • Attributes are recorded using your default attribute recording rules.
    • Press [Record]&[Master Key]
    • Set up channels for the second step... and repeat until done!

Once this is all done, you can activate/deactivate the Sequence using the Master fader, and use the Master Key to step through each step in turn.

- It'll do a one-shot by default, so you may want to add a link from the last step to the first step.

If you set the sequnce Mode to "Chase" it'll run and loop automatically, with the Master Key being a 'Pause/Run' key.

On Congo Snr you can 'Connect' one Master to the 'Master Playback' keys in the middle of the console and get a bigger Go button, plus Go Back and step forward/backwards buttons.

There are many ways to create effects on Congo - unlike on previous consoles, you're not limited to one technique. You can vary the chosen technique dependant on your design goals and style of working.

- On a totally unrelated note, I noticed that your post has a load of rubbish stuck in the top. Which browser are you using, and did you copy/paste your post from another editor? There seems to be a whole stylesheet from MS Word inserted into the top... Weird.

[edited by: Richard at 2:07 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Oct 24 2008] [edited by: Richard at 2:01 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Oct 24 2008]
  •  

Ryano:
    how I would setup a chase where I can manually bump through the steps live.
    That would be a "Sequence", just like you have on the Main Playback!

Remember that the Masters on a Congo are not just 'Submasters' - they can have any type of content placed onto them, including Sequences.

Congo v5 has three ways of creating chases. You can either use Chase Effects, Content Effects or you can use Sequences.

Sequences can either be run as Chases, or as Normal sequences.

The fastest way to do this is as follows:

•  [SEQ] to open the Sequences List.
    • #, [Insert] to create a new Sequence.
    • Assign that sequence to any Master - eg # [SEQ]&[Master Key] from Live, or just hitting a Master Key if you're in the Sequences List and have the right sequence selected.
    • Close the Sequences List.
    • Set up channels at levels for the first step.
    • Ensure that only the channels you want are selected.
      • If no channels are selected, you'll record everything to this step.
      • If some channels are selected, then they are the only ones that will be recorded.
      • Attributes are recorded using your default attribute recording rules.
    • Press [Record]&[Master Key]
    • Set up channels for the second step... and repeat until done!

Once this is all done, you can activate/deactivate the Sequence using the Master fader, and use the Master Key to step through each step in turn.

- It'll do a one-shot by default, so you may want to add a link from the last step to the first step.

If you set the sequnce Mode to "Chase" it'll run and loop automatically, with the Master Key being a 'Pause/Run' key.

On Congo Snr you can 'Connect' one Master to the 'Master Playback' keys in the middle of the console and get a bigger Go button, plus Go Back and step forward/backwards buttons.

There are many ways to create effects on Congo - unlike on previous consoles, you're not limited to one technique. You can vary the chosen technique dependant on your design goals and style of working.

- On a totally unrelated note, I noticed that your post has a load of rubbish stuck in the top. Which browser are you using, and did you copy/paste your post from another editor? There seems to be a whole stylesheet from MS Word inserted into the top... Weird.

[edited by: Richard at 2:07 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Oct 24 2008] [edited by: Richard at 2:01 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Oct 24 2008]
Children
No Data
Related