Congo Offline Editor v4.3.0 for Mac Now Available

Installers for Congo Offline Editor v4.3.0 are now available for download here. There are two installers - one for Motorola PowerPC processors and a different one for Intel-based Macs.

Thanks -

Sarah 

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Sarah,

If it helps, when I installed on my G5 iMac, which has just had a fresh install of OSX 10.4.9, the Installation type when using the installer was 'Install' as there was no previous incarnation installed. This installation seems to work fairly consistently, with the exception of CMD+Delete not working as 'Insert' and 'Build Sequence' resolutely staying on !

When I installed on the iBook, which already had MacCongo 4.2.1 installed, the Installation type was 'Upgrade'. This hasn't worked at all well. I'll try and uninstall all taces of MacCongo and run the installer again.

I'll keep you posted

Richard
  • Hi again,

Ok, so I trashed the 'Congo' folder from apps (as I'd done earlier) but this time I also removed:

com.Avab.Congo.plist which had sneaked into MacIntoshHD>Library>Preferences (rather than being in the User Library) 

and

InstallCongo430 Motorola.pkg from MacIntoshHD>Library>Receipts

This time around, the Installation type was 'Install' and it works just the same as on my G5, so apologies if this was a red herring.

Can't try the Insert problem as there is no apparent 'Delete' key. Is there an alternative for compact (ie. non-extended) keyboards ?

Have sort of worked round not being able to turn 'Build Sequence' off by loading Seq 0 to Playback. (Interestingly 'Modify Sequence' turns on and off as you'd expect!)

Hope this helps

Richard

ps. Love the fact that the editor now lives within a proper scalable window -I can now keep my dock visible !

• Ok, so I trashed the 'Congo' folder from apps (as I'd done earlier) but this time I also removed:

com.Avab.Congo.plist which had sneaked into MacIntoshHD>Library>Preferences (rather than being in the User Library) 

and

InstallCongo430 Motorola.pkg from MacIntoshHD>Library>Receipts
    If you get a little app called appzapper, it removes all the traces of an application you want to remove completely. I hope that helps to avoid problems like yours.

Florian 
  • Cheers Florian,

I'll check that out, it sounds handy -although apps are much easier to get rid of now than they used to be in Classic !

The only change I've noticed since re-installing is that my 'Delete' key doesn't work as 'Delete' now (it did before) command+delete still doesn't work as 'Insert' either. wonder if it's my keyboard, keyboard layout, input menu settings or what ?

Will need to try and get hold of a windoze USB keyboard and try that...

• Related