Help - Groups in Layouts

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to proper plotting on the Congo, usually opting to busk with a dozen or so groups and loads of palettes and dynamic effects. I had to plot a biggish show the weekend, and luckily got myself up to speed fairly quickly, well quickly for a Sunday morning.

Anyway, I managed to find or work out the answers to most of my questions, except this.  I would have found it extremely beneficial to have a layout showing only the levels of my groups.  It seems easy to construct a layout with groups, but this only seems useful for selecting or confirming what is currently selected.

The only thing I have thought of is to patch a dummy channel to each group, say ch101 into group 1, ch102 into group 2 etc, and building a layout showing only these dummy channels, and hiding the channel symbols.  

Does anyone have any other ideas? 

Cheers 

Parents
  • Hi there -

If you always use the groups of channels at the same level, you could just insert one of those channels into the layout next to the group symbol. No need to use a dummy channel... (Or, you could use the dummy channel thing if you wanted to have the channel number be the same as your group number, but I would probably just use the channel symbol for the first channel within each group...)

:-)

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi there -

If you always use the groups of channels at the same level, you could just insert one of those channels into the layout next to the group symbol. No need to use a dummy channel... (Or, you could use the dummy channel thing if you wanted to have the channel number be the same as your group number, but I would probably just use the channel symbol for the first channel within each group...)

:-)

Thanks -

Sarah

Children
  • Thanks Sarah,

I thought that might be the easiest way, but hoped there may be some way of using the group.  If it had been my own patch I would have simply used the 1st channel as you said, but the LD had specified the channel and group numbers.  The show was plotted simply as GROUP @ level, all I wanted was a quick and easy reference to the group levels, on a seperate live page, without any keystrokes.

Thanks once again.

Related