Congo Jr - Programming chases into cue stack

Greetings.

I'm currently programming panto into our Congo Jr console, and neither myself nor my far more experienced colleague can insert a simple par chase into the cue stack. We managed to put in a master link to the cue which started the chase in the cue as it should, and then a master link to stop it in the following cue. This worked once, however when I ran it again the chase wouldn't stop unil I actually reloaded the show. Is there a way if putting these chases into cues that we're not aware of? The manual is no help in this matter.

In addition, is there any way of programming a dynamic effect into a chase, or do they just run live?

Any help would be appreciated, and Aladdin will be very grateful!

Parents
  • A Master Link is a discrete event that loads the right content when it enters the "B" field, and then 'virtually' moves the fader to the Target % (optionally in time) when the sequence step is run. It's automation - basically a simplified macro for one common purpose.

A few possibilities:

1. You may not have had the target as being 0% for the 'stop' event.
    2. When the console is in "Modify" mode no Master Links run.
    3. A Goto that jumps over the stop event will not lower the Master - the sequence step itself has to be run.

Secondly, you can stop a running Sequence-chase-on-Master by moving the physical fader to match (or pass through) the 'virtual' level and lowering it to zero. This will always work - there's no need to do anything drastic!

Remember that it's only automation - it's so the operator doesn't need to move Masters!

'Old-style' Dynamic Effects record into Presets directly as start/stop 'events' - just set one up and hit [Record] or [Update]. To stop it either move the 'base value' (anything except Intensity effects), or run a "Stop I/F/C/B" effect.

You can always check and edit which old-style dynamics are recorded into a Preset by using #, [Modify]&[Preset], then hitting [Modify] in the Dynamics cell. This shows a list of the dynamics in that Preset, and you can make any necessary edits.

However:

Have you upgraded to v5 yet? It sounds very much like you've missed out on the new effects engine.

The new v5 Effects are considerably easier to use and are more powerful, as they are essentially 'channels' - so you can fade then in/out and adjust their parameters in exactly the same way you handle a moving light.

[edited by: Richard at 9:08 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Dec 08 2008] [edited by: Richard at 2:10 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Dec 06 2008] [edited by: Richard at 2:10 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Dec 06 2008] [edited by: Richard at 2:09 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Dec 06 2008]
  • A Master Link is a discrete event that loads the right content when it enters the "B" field, and then 'virtually' moves the fader to the Target % (optionally in time) when the sequence step is run. It's automation - basically a simplified macro for one common purpose.

A few possibilities:

1. You may not have had the target as being 0% for the 'stop' event.
    2. When the console is in "Modify" mode no Master Links run.
    3. A Goto that jumps over the stop event will not lower the Master - the sequence step itself has to be run.

Secondly, you can stop a running Sequence-chase-on-Master by moving the physical fader to match (or pass through) the 'virtual' level and lowering it to zero. This will always work - there's no need to do anything drastic!

Remember that it's only automation - it's so the operator doesn't need to move Masters!

'Old-style' Dynamic Effects record into Presets directly as start/stop 'events' - just set one up and hit [Record] or [Update]. To stop it either move the 'base value' (anything except Intensity effects), or run a "Stop I/F/C/B" effect.

You can always check and edit which old-style dynamics are recorded into a Preset by using #, [Modify]&[Preset], then hitting [Modify] in the Dynamics cell. This shows a list of the dynamics in that Preset, and you can make any necessary edits.

However:

Have you upgraded to v5 yet? It sounds very much like you've missed out on the new effects engine.

The new v5 Effects are considerably easier to use and are more powerful, as they are essentially 'channels' - so you can fade then in/out and adjust their parameters in exactly the same way you handle a moving light.

[edited by: Richard at 9:08 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Dec 08 2008] [edited by: Richard at 2:10 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Dec 06 2008] [edited by: Richard at 2:10 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Dec 06 2008] [edited by: Richard at 2:09 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Dec 06 2008]
Children
No Data
Related