Working with multiple sequences

Hi all,

We are about to go into tech for our next show on the Congo and the designer has asked me about multiple sequences.  What they would like to do is have some long fade time of day things happening but still be able to work freely with the rest of the lighting for other cues.

Here's my current plan.
We will put the time of day cues in Seq 2 and put that sequence on a master.  We'll put in a master link at the top to bring that master up and use macros to trigger its Go button at the appropriate times.  I'm planning to set the console to not record content from masters.  We will then program the rest of the show on Seq 1 in the main playback.

Here are the problems I see so far.
-We won't be able to dim any lights that are on the master below their level on the master at any given point. This might not be much of a problem considering the design.
-I'm planning to have to switch which sequence is on the main playback based on which one we are editing and do most of the editing from the main playback/live.  This presents some potential for getting presets in the wrong sequence if you're not careful.
-I haven't thought of a way to get Seq 2 to be in the right spot when we're jumping around doing notes other than keeping a list and using gotos on the master.  I'll also use the notes column on the main playback but it would be great if I could find a way to make it a little more automatic.

Some questions.
-Is there a quicker way to insert macros than going into the sequence editor?
-Is there a way to speed up a fade on a master?  Something like the silver rate "wheels" for the main playback?

Any insight anyone has that might make things go smoother would be greatly appreciated and I'll report back as we go to let you know what we learn along the way.

Thanks,
Mat

Parents
  • Hi Mat,

Another option is to use a lock fade to control the time of day lighting. Which allows you to program in one sequence but put changes to time of day elements on their separate time.  Look in the online help for more info about lock fades.

If you want to use two sequences, I would connect the sequence on the master to the Master Playback controls.  This will allow you to step forward and back through that sequence without times.  The only way that I can see that you will always have the correct preset in the second sequence is to be really dilligent in noting what preset you should be in when.  This is the advantage to lock fades and one sequence.  I believe in the master link you call the step and master to be run.  I haven't played much with this on the Congo.  I remember a little trial and error to get it to run the way I wanted.

Let us know how it works out!

John

• Hi Mat,

Another option is to use a lock fade to control the time of day lighting. Which allows you to program in one sequence but put changes to time of day elements on their separate time.  Look in the online help for more info about lock fades.

If you want to use two sequences, I would connect the sequence on the master to the Master Playback controls.  This will allow you to step forward and back through that sequence without times.  The only way that I can see that you will always have the correct preset in the second sequence is to be really dilligent in noting what preset you should be in when.  This is the advantage to lock fades and one sequence.  I believe in the master link you call the step and master to be run.  I haven't played much with this on the Congo.  I remember a little trial and error to get it to run the way I wanted.

Let us know how it works out!

John

Children
No Data
Related