Congo Jr w/Smartboard

So, my school has recently begun getting Smartboard units for classrooms in our High School, and i cam to wondering. If we were to setup a training seminar for future lighting techies, has anybody tried using one of these with a Congo Jr console? Is there a way to restore to factory software settings if it conflicts with the console's  ability to do its job?
  • The output of the Junior could easily connect up to the data projector that shows the image, but I have no idea what drivers the SMART board requires for the touchscreen functions.

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee good operation if you install extra drivers onto the Junior, as we can't test every single one and the versions change so often that it's impossible to keep up! Congo Jr doesn't use a normal version of Windows either, it uses the Embedded version of Windows XP which has the things we don't need removed - this means that drivers for standard XP products don't always work properly.

You could use the Offline or Client software installed onto another PC, and connect this PC to the SMART board.

That said, I'm not sure what you would gain from the touchscreen abilities of the SMART board, as the display interface of Congo is designed so that almost all the functions don't require a mouse - the only functions that do are building Channel Layouts and recording Macros.

Related