Backup

Hi all.

I know that is a foolish question at this moment but I try to make a backup with a Congo Jr to our Congo and I can't do that.

I use 2 ethernet cables plus a hub to connect the 2 consoles and one console recognize the other on the Network Node on the Browser but I can´t put the Congo Jr as baclup cause it's always as a server.

Can somebody explain what to do exactly?

Parents
  • Hi,

So both Congos start as Server?

If you look in the Browser, can both systems see the other system? There should be two Network Nodes visible in both systems, the system itself and the other system.

If you don't have this, please check that the IP addresses of both systems are in the same subnet. You can see the IP address in the Info box in Congo when you have focused a Congo in the Network Nodes list. The first two numbers in the IP address should be the same on both systems.

Also make sure that the two systems are set to use the same logical network. This is also indicated in the Info box when a network node is selected.

If this is all correct, there might be something with the hub. Are you sure that it is a hub and not a switch? If it is a switch, there might be settings in it that prevents some necessary data packet to get across, probably multicast messages.

• Hi,

So both Congos start as Server?

If you look in the Browser, can both systems see the other system? There should be two Network Nodes visible in both systems, the system itself and the other system.

If you don't have this, please check that the IP addresses of both systems are in the same subnet. You can see the IP address in the Info box in Congo when you have focused a Congo in the Network Nodes list. The first two numbers in the IP address should be the same on both systems.

Also make sure that the two systems are set to use the same logical network. This is also indicated in the Info box when a network node is selected.

If this is all correct, there might be something with the hub. Are you sure that it is a hub and not a switch? If it is a switch, there might be settings in it that prevents some necessary data packet to get across, probably multicast messages.

Children
Related