Backup

Hi all.

I know that is a foolish question at this moment but I try to make a backup with a Congo Jr to our Congo and I can't do that.

I use 2 ethernet cables plus a hub to connect the 2 consoles and one console recognize the other on the Network Node on the Browser but I can´t put the Congo Jr as baclup cause it's always as a server.

Can somebody explain what to do exactly?

Parents
  • The basic steps are as follows:

• Ensure both consoles are running identical software versions. Upgrade the console(s) as necessary.
    • Connect the two consoles to a suitable network switch or hub.
    • Start the consoles up to the Welcome/heartbeat screen, and check that you have network activity at both consoles - look at the net LEDs on the switch and consoles.
    • Open System Settings.
    • Under the 'Network' tab, ensure both consoles are set to an IP of 10.101.x.x, with subnet mask 255.255.0.0 and Gateway the same as IP. They ship set to:
      • Congo: 10.101.80.101
      • Congo Jr: 10.101.81.101
      • Note that you're not looking at the "DHCP" IP address!
    • Under the 'Protocols' tab, ensure that the "Logical Network" is the same value in both consoles.
    • Under the 'Backup' tab, tick the 'Auto-transfer play to Backup' option in both consoles.
      • You might want to set one console to be Server and the other as Backup here, otherwise leave it as "Depends on Startup Order"
    • Now take both consoles to the Heartbeat/Welcome screen.
      • If you changed any settings under the Network tab you'll need to reboot.
    • Start up one console as Server and load a play/start a new play.
    • Watch the Welcome screen of the other console.
    • After a few seconds, you'll see the Client option appear, and the Server option should change to Backup.
    • Select Backup, and you're done.

If you don't see the Client option appear, then re-check the IP address and Logical Network settings.

The other thing to remember is that you do need to fully start the Server first, as otherwise the Backup will think it needs to take over immediately.

[edited by: Richard at 2:43 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Feb 5 2009]
  • The basic steps are as follows:

• Ensure both consoles are running identical software versions. Upgrade the console(s) as necessary.
    • Connect the two consoles to a suitable network switch or hub.
    • Start the consoles up to the Welcome/heartbeat screen, and check that you have network activity at both consoles - look at the net LEDs on the switch and consoles.
    • Open System Settings.
    • Under the 'Network' tab, ensure both consoles are set to an IP of 10.101.x.x, with subnet mask 255.255.0.0 and Gateway the same as IP. They ship set to:
      • Congo: 10.101.80.101
      • Congo Jr: 10.101.81.101
      • Note that you're not looking at the "DHCP" IP address!
    • Under the 'Protocols' tab, ensure that the "Logical Network" is the same value in both consoles.
    • Under the 'Backup' tab, tick the 'Auto-transfer play to Backup' option in both consoles.
      • You might want to set one console to be Server and the other as Backup here, otherwise leave it as "Depends on Startup Order"
    • Now take both consoles to the Heartbeat/Welcome screen.
      • If you changed any settings under the Network tab you'll need to reboot.
    • Start up one console as Server and load a play/start a new play.
    • Watch the Welcome screen of the other console.
    • After a few seconds, you'll see the Client option appear, and the Server option should change to Backup.
    • Select Backup, and you're done.

If you don't see the Client option appear, then re-check the IP address and Logical Network settings.

The other thing to remember is that you do need to fully start the Server first, as otherwise the Backup will think it needs to take over immediately.

[edited by: Richard at 2:43 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Feb 5 2009]
Children
No Data
Related