RGB Chase

Hi all OK I have a RGB chase made up of 8 point cues, Ive transfered these to master and my chase work fine on these, the problem is when i put my pessets in a seq and make them into a chase, The chase starts but each step adds to each one instead of swapping form step to step, Ive tried X.M,L but its the same on each one.

The effects ive done is with pixeline and got a colour chase on each cell So....... cell 1 is red, 2 is yel, 3 is green, 4 is org and so on to cell 9

Step 1 is cell 4

Step 2 is cell 1

Step 3 is cell 7.........

This works when i pull a fader upon mastersthen swap a fader..........on chase seq it goes cell 4 then cell 1 is added then cell 7 is added until all my cells are lit and no go off if you get me.

What am i doing wrong

Carlos

Parents
  • How are you controlling the LEDs?

It sounds to me like you are using a template with individual LTP RGB cells, without Fade With Intensity checked.

Your chase is then raising (eg) the Red to 100%, but never taking it back down - probably because the change flag got lost or you recorded in "Active" mode, losing the data for the LEDs where the virtual intensity was at zero.

Also, if Master Rubberband is disabled, it'll never come back down as this makes the Masters fully LTP.

I would recommend putting the Pixeline into the mode with the most RGB cells, and no other functions, then do the following:

• Create a template containing only one of Red, Green, & Blue LTP 8 or LTP 16 parameters, and for each parameter set the following:
      • Default = 255
      • Highlight = 255
      • Fade With Intensity ticked
    • Ensure there are no Ranges or Tables
    I think the 8-bit version of this template already exists in the 4.3.0 Standard Library under "Generic" as "RGB LED" or similar.
    • Patch one of these fixtures as each RGB cell
    • Also patch a dummy dimmer DMX output for each cell - pick something up out of the way, I tend to use the last few DMX outputs at the top of each Universe. (This is to ensure that the channel has an Intensity value to fade with - if you miss this step, the LEDs will be fixed at Zero)

This will take up a lot of desk channels but it means that you can set the LED colour, then fade it in and out using the same colour.
    It also attaches the LED intensity to the Master fader level, allowing you to fade your chases in and out, allows you to create colour palettes (especially useful in the "For Each Device Type" mode), and even RGB and intensity dynamic effects which can create some really gorgeous effects extremely quickly and easily.

When creating a chase using this kind of template, check the status of the change flags to ensure that you are really recording the colour change.

Selecting the LEDs, then holding "CH" and hitting Record can be very useful here, as the "Record Selected" channels function records all the attributes of the selected channels.

[edited by: Richard at 11:16 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, May 12 2007]
  • Hi Richard thanks for your reply, as ive done 60% of my show now in this mode I carnt really change it, Am I correct in saying then if I re do my chase and put 0 in RGB then these will go out.in my chase or will they still stay on.

Carlos

Reply Children
  • Hi all sorted, For a reason the chase wasnt acting on Rate, you need tochange in and out time to what you need so as I needed a step chase change these to 0.1 then use the tap button to get you tempo. If the in / out is set to nothing the chase carnt finish so it loops, Hope Ive explained myself ok as Im new to LED's but wooooo was hey work you can do some awsome effects.

A more relaxed Carlos

Related