Trouble updating RFR Net3 via USB

Hi,

I read all the posts about the new RFR firmware, but I couldn't find any answer to my problem... I updated both remote and base station on my laptop using GCE through USB. It seemed to work fine, but here's what the remote shows when i boot it.

Any idea???

One more thing. How can I make sure the Base Station can reboot properly? GCE says I have to plug it with the network cable, which I don't want tu use...

Thank you for answering

Stephan

• That display means that the remote is trying to connect to a console using the mini-USB socket on the top. You need to tell it to connect to the Congo via the base station instead.

• Turn it off, and turn it back on again holding down the [.] key.
    • It should then boot up, connect to the base station and then show a list of console connections.
      • The top one says "Direct USB" - this means 'Use the mini-USB socket on top", so don't choose it.
      • Make sure the Congo is connected to the base station and running.
        • For USB, connect the base station before booting the console.
        • For Ethernet, make sure that "ACN" is enabled in the Protocols tab of System Settings. ("sACN" is different)
    • After a while you will see "Congo (Congo)" or similar appear in the list. Scroll to that and hit [Chan/Enter] to select.
    • You should now be connected!

Once you've set this, the handset remembers which console you connected to last time and automatically searches for it when you turn it back on.

[edited by: Richard at 4:39 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Feb 15 2009]
  • Richard, You are the Man!

Everything works fine now! Congo is running, remote is jumping around, everybody is happy and the sun is shining!

Maybe I missed it, but is there a kind of list for all these shortcuts on the RFR?  a user manual?

Thanks again, I love Congo, I love RFR, I love Congo forum !

Stephan

• Howdy Stephan,

I am glad you got it all working.

there is an updated Setup Guide (Revision C) that you can download from our website with this information at:

http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/manuals/Radio_Focus_Remote_Setup_Guide_RevC.pdf

Have fun!

Related