Colorblast

So i am having trouble getting the colorblast 12 from color kinetics working. what do i do? i need help please.
  • Hmm - just read the online documentation, and these fixtures look very difficult to use unfortunately, and the datasheets are incomplete.

It appears that you require a tool from Color Kinetics themselves to address the units. The ColorBlasts need power and data sent from a Color Kinetics PSU (PDS-150e), with DMX input being provided via an RJ45 connector - this is DMX over Cat5 cable, and is NOT ethernet.

Unfortunately the datasheets don't give a pinout for this DMX.

I'd recommend that you contact Color Kinetics directly about addressing and DMX pinout, as they will be able to help more than I can.

Once the units are addressed, they apparently behave as a single RGB source - unfortunately the Color Kinetics datasheets don't actually say this, but I believe this to be the case.

Congo 4.3.0 has a built-in RGB template for you to use (patch one per ColorBlast), but you will also need to patch a 'dummy' dimmer output to the channel to enable the Intensity functions.

Related