ELP60 on jr.?

hi,

i wanto to use the ELP60 LED Sticks in full channel mode (60 ch.) with the jr.

has anybody an idea how to make this work and hos to use the color picker and a anymation (chaser etc.)

thanks a lot.

Sebastian
Parents
  • The ELP 60 LED stick has 20 RGB LED clusters, and in 60-channel mode (Mode 1), each LED is individually controlled.

I'm guessing (it's not stated in the datasheet) that the DMX assignment is R,G,B,R,G,B,R,G,B etc.

This means that the best way to control these from a Congo is to patch each one as 20 RGB fixtures - this means that you'll have one channel for each RGB cluster.

We have provided an RGB template (under Standard Library -> Generic), and you'll also need to patch a 'dummy' output to each channel to gain full control - that's a total of 20 'extra' DMX channels. (This issue has been corrected as of v5.)

Once the fixtures are patched, you'll have 20 channels that control each ELP60 - each channel representing one RGB cluster along the length of the stick.

You can then create colour palettes and apply R,G,B and Intensity effects to groups of 'channels' - the Bump Color (29) and Fade Color (30) effects work with RGB, but you can experiment with creating your own.
    This is very powerful, and allows some really nice effects to be made without much effort - I remember building a few 'colour wave' effects at GMTV for their LED cyclorama which looked really good and only took a couple of minutes!

[edited by: Richard at 6:06 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Mar 5 2010]
  • Hi Richard,

Is this your advice for ION Users as well?
    or ar there any other things you could recommend?

Thanks for your time

Mart

• Yes, this is the way I'd recommend patching this fixture on Ion as well.

On Ion (Eos, & Element) the relevant personality is called Generic > LED RGB.

Reply Children
No Data
Related