ethernet

hi everyone.

in our venue we have 3 congo's and 2 congo jr's. we currently run all our venues off ethernet and run the juniors as back up's in our 2 main spaces.

with the new 4.3 software just released i updated our boards then on the same day one of the congo's wouldnt give an output via ethernet so we are now running it via a dmx node. roughly 3 weeks later, another boards ethernet output wouldnt work either. so at the moment we are running 2 congo's via dmx nodes and because we have no ethernet we cant run the junior's as backups. i have also doubled checked the settings and things and made sure we are in the ethernet port at the back of the desk, and everything is ok there.  this isnt a major problem as we can still operate shows etc, just without back up's. we are currently waiting for technical help from etc, as we have made them aware, i was just woundering if anyone else has this kind of set up and if they had experienced similar problems as were trying to iliminate problems.

thanks

claire

Parents Reply Children
  • hi.

thanks for your reply. im in newcastle england. we are in talks with our technical support, i just posted it on the forum to see if other people had any similar problems and to see how they got around it. thank you very much for your time! claire

• Claire,
    What version of ethernet, just out of curiosity? I'm running Net2 all over the place in my installation, and while I'm not lucky enough to have Jrs for backup I'd still be badly stuck if the ethernet gives way. I have a few nodes but I'd lose all data-routing flexibility if I had to devote them to the desks. Will you get back to us once it's solved & tell us all?

Best of luck!
  • my first question would be how the physical ethernet connectors are hooked up to the router, because it may not be abel to work when going through multiple hubs (simmilar to iTunes song sharing is stopped at the third hub)
  • hello.

we're running off ethernet NET2 aswel. we are running nodes at the minute to our consoles and i understand where your coming from in the lack of flexibility. we have one console back up and running on ethernst, in our main venue, when we uploaded the new software, v4.3, the congo presidence set itself lower but on screen it was running at a presidence of 10, so we changed it again and then it worked but this did not fix the console in our other venue. so now we're still stuck and still in chats with etc tech support but if you want to know more just ask and me and my chief can see if we can help!

claire

• Anonymous
    Anonymous in reply to claire

Claire –

In version 4.3 we added the IP address selection screen.  Please verify that in the System Settings screen under the Networking section please change the drop down from Automatic to the correct IP address.

All of your Consoles should be set to 10.101.81.XXX

EDMX Priority should be set to a priority of 10 if all your Consoles/Architectural systems are set to play in a HTP mode.

What are all of your Logical Network #'s?

• Claire, if you are still having trouble, please call me or one of the other tech support people in London! Your system is a bit different than the "normal", as you have backup consoles and a room-combine network, and changing network settings could make things not interoperate correctly.

-luke- 

Related