issues

We recently updated to 5.1, and have had some crashes among other issues.  I've attached the show file but couldn't figure out how to add multiple attachments or would have included the log files as well.  We weren't doing anything crazy when the crashes occurred...I believe the first one was when I was updating a group and the second was bringing up a channel.  Here are the other issues I've noticed:

- Sometimes when patching in the Channel List or Output List, dimmer information will not update right away, or the entire dimmer column will disappear completely.  It's not that the patch is gone, just the display of it.
- On the coloram II's (channels 121-127) when in frame 21, which is the last frame, the channel box displays as blank rather than the frame number.
- When in "Track" tab and trying to update the Autoyokes or Icues (ch. 401-408) presets, it will not give me a drop down list of palettes...it opens a "list" but it is blank.
(As a side note, it would be ideal if in track there is some way to easily choose a palette type (all, color, etc) and then easily select the number, rather than having to choose from a list that could be quite long.)
- Also in track, the display of palettes do not always reference the #.  When inputting in track the number is there, but when you have exited the tab and return, or when going to another cue to update, the number will disappear.  I put the number at the front of the name so I always have it regardless of what the console display is, which means that depending on where I'm looking there will be a double number.
- We are using Element Labs VersaTubes in the show.  When returning from Freeze they turn off until I refresh.  They are set up with the colors (RGB) as attributes and to fade with intensity, but when we return from freeze the intensity output and the display of it on the console turns off.  The percentage of RGB also seems to change to other values.

Thanks!

Mark

• Please send the files directly to congo@etcconnect.com. This will get the files directly to those who can help you. The forums are the last place to go to for immediate technical support as there is no guaranteed response time. As for the log/dmp files, Anders will have to look at those so you may not get an answer until Monday. As for the other items... :-)

1) We will look into this one.

2) This is a known issue in this version - if it's possible, set the last frame to 254 (instead of 255) in the definition of the scroller roll. This will bring the display of the frame number back.

3) Interesting. Does it display correctly for other devices? Are these channels already referencing palettes or raw data when you press MODIFY? (As a side note, blind editing improvements are a significant part of the upcoming v6 release.)

4) To my knowledge the palette number is not displayed outside of drop-down lists. This has always been the case. I will check with Anders about whether we're adding in visibility of the palette number in v6.

4) Are the versatubes using 16-bit color controls?

Thanks much -

Sarah

Related