iRFR

Any ideas when the ipod/phone application is going to be released?

Thanks

Parents
  • It's been sent to Apple for their 'pre-release checks', so we're just waiting for Apple to accept and publish it in the App Store.

- Strike that, I've just been informed by Marketing that they've decided to hold off on release of the iRFR until Eos/Ion 1.5 is released, as it's not supported in Eos/Ion 1.4.5.

Latest update from Anne is that we're now hoping for end-of-May for both releases. A few annoying bugs were discovered recently that we'd really like to squash.

[edited by: Richard at 4:39 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, May 4 2009]
  • Another vote for this sucks.  We are getting ready for a new series which will involve a complete redesign and iRFR would be immensely helpful.  Seems to me, the Congo users could begin working with it and provide valuable feedback.  What kind of marketing is that to have a product ready to go and continue to dangle it in front of your users?  First the product was announced in an article that made it sound like it was available, then we were lead to believe it would be coming soon, now we're being told its ready to go but you're going to hold it until your other software is completed.  Help us out here, wheres the logic?

[edited by: FCCJake at 8:20 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, May 2 2009]
  • I think you guys didn't get it... As Sarah told us, they sent iRFR to Apple for APPROVAL. It is totally up to Apple to decide whenever they make it appear on the App Store. It may take weeks...

• Sorry SDum read Richard's Post where he clearly states in change to the possition you mention  "Strike that, I've just been informed by Marketing that they've decided to hold off on release of the iRFR until Eos/Ion 1.5 is released, as it's not supported in Eos/Ion 1.4.5."

It may take weeks anyway, I think people are just annoyed that us Congo users could use it now, but we've got to wait for a software release for another platform. I suppose I'm also concerned as this appears to give the impression of Congo playing second fiddle to the EOS platform, which I hope not to be the case.

Richard

• Sorry SDum read Richard's Post where he clearly states in change to the possition you mention  "Strike that, I've just been informed by Marketing that they've decided to hold off on release of the iRFR until Eos/Ion 1.5 is released, as it's not supported in Eos/Ion 1.4.5."

It may take weeks anyway, I think people are just annoyed that us Congo users could use it now, but we've got to wait for a software release for another platform. I suppose I'm also concerned as this appears to give the impression of Congo playing second fiddle to the EOS platform, which I hope not to be the case.

Richard

Children
Related