Scrollers not working...

We can't get our new scrollers to work through the desk.

I've imported the device template, gone to the patch wizard and patched in 12 devices, starting at desk channel 231, dmx channel 301, universe 1, dmx offput of 2, replaced the existing dimmers, assigned the 16 frame scroller roll and executed. Then turned on the lamps, selected the scroller channels, rolled up the intensity wheel and nothing happens. Yes all the numbers are correct, yes the scrollers have 16 frames and yes the scrollers are dmx addressed correct.

Anyone got any ideas where I'm going wrong??

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks both for your help - they now work! Although the control was under BEAM not COLOUR but I managed to change that.

One other thing and we will be happy - we want to be able to operate the scrollers from a master fader, so you push it up to 9% for Frame 2, 15% for Frame 3, etc. How do we do this? I've put the scroller numbers onto a fader and upon pushing the fader up it scrollers up through the colours but if you bring it back down it carries on up to Frame 16 and stays there?

Again, many thanks for your help.

• Which scrollers are these?

The Generic "Scroller" and "Scroller Speed and Fan" templates both put the "Color" attribute in the color page - it sounds like you've imported something from the Extended library.

For 99% of scrollers, you can simply use either of the of the generic ones, and they're in the show by default anyway so you don't need to import anything.

[edited by: Richard at 9:09 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, May 12 2009]
  • Select a scroller. Select Color. Press and hold the softkey above the wheel that now is labled colour and the assign key of the master that you want to control colour. The master should now read Param Color. On Congo Jr. press hand hold the Dial.
    In order to have the colour return to Frame 1 when you bring the Fader down go to Settings Masters and tick the box Rubberband: Return on fade down.

I hope that helps

Florian

Related