Pixel Line 1044 cells into groups

Hi all,

I'm using 8 Pixel Line 1044 on a outdoor event and have no time to plot really.

So my question is I would like to run these so each battern has 6 cells. I then would like to have different groups to do different things during the concert. (e.g I want all the bottom cells in one group and so on)

I know I could put the ATTS on the master pages but this will be difficult to use the effects like this.

The only way I can think of this is to set each cell as a RGB par can so I have 6 channels on each battern. Leaving the .51>.61 to still use the on board effects on the Pixel Line.

Anybody else think of a easier way to have full control of each cell for busking on the night.

Thanking you in advance

Carl

Parents
  • The recommended way to control "Multi-Cell" fixtures in general is to patch each individual cell to its own desk channel.

For this particular fixture, I recommend using the Generic > RGB template and put the fixtures into the 6xRGB (18-channel mode). You don't need the fixtures built-in effects as the Congo Effects are considerably more flexible and controllable.

So each Pixel Line 1044 would be patched to 6 desk channels.

Then create a few Groups and/or Channel Sets for your Effects, and off you go!

Channel Sets are very useful for this kind of fixture as you can break up the channels into pre-determined unequal numbers, particularly good if the 'columns' and 'rows' aren't of equal length.

[edited by: Richard at 5:42 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Aug 2 2009]
  • The recommended way to control "Multi-Cell" fixtures in general is to patch each individual cell to its own desk channel.

For this particular fixture, I recommend using the Generic > RGB template and put the fixtures into the 6xRGB (18-channel mode). You don't need the fixtures built-in effects as the Congo Effects are considerably more flexible and controllable.

So each Pixel Line 1044 would be patched to 6 desk channels.

Then create a few Groups and/or Channel Sets for your Effects, and off you go!

Channel Sets are very useful for this kind of fixture as you can break up the channels into pre-determined unequal numbers, particularly good if the 'columns' and 'rows' aren't of equal length.

[edited by: Richard at 5:42 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Aug 2 2009]
Children
Related