Save a new template

Hi,

Is it now possible to save a new template ' one that a did make myself' into the extended libery?

I did always save my templates in a showfile, and could recall it whit starting the showfile. But last time I had to use a couple of new templates together in a showfile, and I had to write the templates again. That costs me a lot of time that I could use better.

Is there allready a solution for this problem?

Let me know

Parents
  • You didn't need to re-write the templates.
    You can always Import any template from an existing showfile into your current show:

Browser > File > Import, select "Template" and choose the one you'd like.

You can bring in any or all of the templates in your other file.

This is the way we provide custom/new templates to users when they need a fixture that's not in the library and they don't have time or don't know how to build it themselves.

You can use the Import function to bring almost any show data from one show file into your current one, although you do need to be careful about the order you do this in when importing anything that 'references' other data (eg Presets that use Palettes).

Finally, if you have any good templates for fixtures, please send them to us and we'll look at adding them to the Standard library in a later release.

[edited by: Richard at 7:22 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Aug 18 2009]
  • You didn't need to re-write the templates.
    You can always Import any template from an existing showfile into your current show:

Browser > File > Import, select "Template" and choose the one you'd like.

You can bring in any or all of the templates in your other file.

This is the way we provide custom/new templates to users when they need a fixture that's not in the library and they don't have time or don't know how to build it themselves.

You can use the Import function to bring almost any show data from one show file into your current one, although you do need to be careful about the order you do this in when importing anything that 'references' other data (eg Presets that use Palettes).

Finally, if you have any good templates for fixtures, please send them to us and we'll look at adding them to the Standard library in a later release.

[edited by: Richard at 7:22 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Aug 18 2009]
Children
Related