Congo v6 Software Now Available!

Hi all -

So, after all the teasing, Congo v6 software is now available for free download from the ETC Web site here. I wrote a bit earlier about what was coming (you can read it here) but if you're more the audio-visual type, you might prefer to see Congo v6 in action here. Needless to say, the Congo team have been working on this release for about a year now and we're happy to see it finally reach you all.

This installation includes two files you need to run - please update to the v6 software first, then please run the CongoHelpFix.exe included with your download. This will update the help system database and fix a small issue with the TEXT search function.

I will be writing an Image Effects tutorial soon (like, this week) to go with the other v5 Effects tutorials.

If there's anything else you'd like to see support-documentation-wise, please let me know and we'll try to sort it out as quickly as we can. I highly recommend that you take a look at the release note for this release, available here.

Lastly, our theme for Congo from now on is "Time to Play!". I hope you feel that your time spent on the console allows you to play and have as much fun with light as we do.

Thanks much -

Sarah & the whole Congo team

[edited by: sclausen at 4:18 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Aug 25 2009]
Parents
  • Hi Sarah

Finally the teasing end.

I'm still on holidays and I'm trying to learn the v6 with offline editor and for now I'm without words to describe what I think of v6.

For now I just can say thanks Congo team for your effort.

Pedro Alves

P.S.: you're right the v6 it's here and it's still summer

• Hi Sarah

Finally the teasing end.

I'm still on holidays and I'm trying to learn the v6 with offline editor and for now I'm without words to describe what I think of v6.

For now I just can say thanks Congo team for your effort.

Pedro Alves

P.S.: you're right the v6 it's here and it's still summer

Children
  • I ran through some of the new features playing around on my console yesterday.  Very cool stuff.  The iRFR is also now so much better that the color picker and the Output section work.  I'm now trying to figure out a show where I can grid lights to play with the new image effects! 

One strange thing has popped up.  When color mixing with my CMY fixtures, the color indicator (one of my favorite new features) works great on the channel views.  However, when I color mix with my RGB LEDs, the indicator seems to be drawing from CMY status.  I tried SETUP + COLOR to step through the various ranges (CMY, RGB, or HSV), and when I got a true reading on the color indicator, the color wheel in the moving light control and the gel picker no longer worked correctly with my color choices.  Is there something that I'm missing here?

By the way, with the new software, is the offline/client now more compatible with Windows Vista.  I have been eyeing a touchscreen desktop, thinking it would make running Client faster (way too mouse happy now when down in the house), but remember when 5.0 came out a lot of trouble came up with Vista 64-bit, which is what this PC is running. 

Again, thanks for all the little touches, I'm sure I'll work them in to shows, whether they need them or not, as I program in the coming weeks.

• Hi J.R.  -

Can you send me a copy of your show? I'd like to check out the color thing you mention as I cannot replicate it here - the CMY channels and RGB channels show correct colors when I try it.

Regarding Vista, we haven't done anything specific in the Congo application to make it more Vista friendly  - the problem usually lies within the video drivers Vista uses, which gives us different results on different machines. Unfortunately the variables are so broad that it's hard for us to do anything on our side to make Vista work better with Congo. Also, we haven't specifically tried out Congo on a 64-bit Vista machine either. I'm asking about getting one of these HP machines into our test lab so we can try it out here, but until we do I can only say "it might work, but we don't actually know for sure..." Sorry about that.

Has anyone else out there tried Congo client work on one of these machines? If so, how did it work for you?

Thanks much!

Sarah

• Sarah, the file has been sent.

I'll wait to hear definites on the Vista issue before laying out $800 on a computer that I otherwise wouldn't need.  The particular one I was looking at was the new Dell Studio One series, since it is an all in one machine it would be easy to set up for a week during tech down in the house, like I currently do with my laptop, I just want an easier way of adjusting ML attributes and picking channels quickly, thought the touchscreen would be the way to go.

Thanks.

Related