LinkToStep behaviour

HI all,

I am a little bit annoyed about the LinkToStep functionality, which doesn't work too well for me. I was wondering if there is a workaround.

I'm facing 2 problems:

1. When importing the Main Sequence from different plays into *one* sequence for our actual show, the LinkToStep fields don't update automatically.

(The sequence steps are appended at the end of the new Main Sequence, and I offset the preset number so I won't get confused. But if – in the sixth play that I import – there was a link to the original step 5, it will not link to step whatever-it-is-now but to step 5 which comes from another play!)

2. Also, when inserting a new cue into the sequence, the LinkToStep fields don't take notice. (So if I add one step, my link will go one step too far back!)

Thanks for your help,

Mario

PS: We haven't switched to v6 so far...

Parents
  • Hi,

I understand your problem.

In normal Congo programming, you rarely use the LinkToStep function. It is mainly there to be able handle show files from other consoles and has its limitations (functions like tracking, update attributes, refresh etc. won't work with LinkToStep).

Would it be possible for you to replace the LinkToStep commands in your curtain calls with multiple occurances of the same preset? This is the Congo way of achieving the same thing and all Congo functions will work. It would also solve your problem with multiple show files both using a single main sequence or multiple sequences with a Play List.

• Hi,

I understand your problem.

In normal Congo programming, you rarely use the LinkToStep function. It is mainly there to be able handle show files from other consoles and has its limitations (functions like tracking, update attributes, refresh etc. won't work with LinkToStep).

Would it be possible for you to replace the LinkToStep commands in your curtain calls with multiple occurances of the same preset? This is the Congo way of achieving the same thing and all Congo functions will work. It would also solve your problem with multiple show files both using a single main sequence or multiple sequences with a Play List.

Children
No Data
Related