Several plays into one showfile

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an elegant solution for creating a show out of several other plays, maybe anyone faced that problem, too, and I would be glad to hear some thoughts about this:

The company I work for has several choreographies in its repertoire and they are combined individually for each guest performance.

Now I have created different plays that all contain one choreography each (in its main sequence 1)

At first I tried to import the main sequence into my "guest performance" play, copy this into sequence x, clear the main sequence, and so on for each choreography. I then would use a playlist to arrange the sequences into the right order. – Problem is: My links that I have in each sequence for various curtain calls don't work if Playlist is activated.

Now I'm importing each play into ONE main sequence (offsetting preset numbers by multiples of 100) so they appear in the right order. But this confuses all my links for the curtain call presets so they won't link to the original steps. So I have to manually update all the links.

Another solution would be to switch between plays during the performance (and freeze the console in between), but this takes so much time, and if I (for example) update a colour scroller palette it won't be updated in the other plays.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks,

Mario

Parents
  • Hi,

As I responded to your other post about LinkToStep, I think the solution is to get rid of the LinkToSteps.

LinkToStep is mainly for compatibility with show files from other consoles where links are used instead of the more flexible free sequence structure of Congo.

The Congo way is to insert the same preset multiple times in your sequence. Then all functions will work as expected. You should then be able to use either a single main sequence or multiple sequences and a play list.

(In both cases, you would need to offset your presets when you import your different show files since the presets will always share the same number series.)

I hope this is a possible solution to your problem.

Anders

• Hi,

As I responded to your other post about LinkToStep, I think the solution is to get rid of the LinkToSteps.

LinkToStep is mainly for compatibility with show files from other consoles where links are used instead of the more flexible free sequence structure of Congo.

The Congo way is to insert the same preset multiple times in your sequence. Then all functions will work as expected. You should then be able to use either a single main sequence or multiple sequences and a play list.

(In both cases, you would need to offset your presets when you import your different show files since the presets will always share the same number series.)

I hope this is a possible solution to your problem.

Anders

Children
No Data
Related