Congo Locking Up

I have an interesting problem with my show on Congo v5 at the moment.

Whenever I open and lock open a second live window, the console largely freezes up. Masters, the number pad, and the master playback keys all work but it appears most of the other keys do nothing at all.

I've tried loading the file into the v6 offline editor, but as far as I can tell, the same problem exists.

I have had this problem on multiple show files, but as they are all built from the same one, the error may have carried across. I've uploaded a copy of the show online at www.tommclean.co.uk/show.asc

Any ideas?

Tom

• We have looked into this on your show file and have not been able to reproduce it on v6. We have opened 4 different Live tabs and locked them using [Setup&Tab] as well as [Park& Tab] on Congo sr  and jr. Are you doing something special or have a particular setup that would be helpful to know.

• Console is a Sr, running version 5.1.0.9.0.19, with a Jnr as a sync'ed backup.

As far as I'm aware there is nothing else special about the setup.

I tried it in a new download of the off line editor (not at that computer anymore, so can't check, but I pulled it off the web this morning, and as far I could tell it locked up there as well, but its a little harder to tell on the OLE because it might just be me getting the keyboard shortcut wrong.

Cheers

Tom

• Could you tell us the exact procedure and the commands you are using to set up the second Live screen? There might be something that we have misinterpreted and make different when we test it.

When it is locked up, does it help if you press the ESC button?

• Key sequence would be (from the LIVE tab that opens by default):

1. TAB+LiVE

2. TAB+-> (to move the new tab into the third display)

3. SETUP+TAB

4. Lock the tab in the dialog box (arrow key and modify)

5. The console then freezes.

Pressing ESC doesn't help. The only way I've found to unlock the console is press and hold the power button on the back until the console restarts. Then restart, reload the show file and everything is fine, until you lock the tab again.

I hope thats roughly clear?!

Tom

• Hi,

Our test people have been trying hard to reproduce this but without success. They have been running v6 with the same configuration and the actions that you describe. As far as I understand, you have seen the same lockup with v6, right?

How many screens to you have? What other tabs do you have on your screens? Could it be that you have no tabs on some screens and that this causes problems? Could you change focus to another screen with the mouse/trackball and get it working again?

• I think I was getting the problem in v6, but only have access to that on the OLE on a Mac. In that case it might just be me getting the shortcuts wrong!

I'm using three displays. Display 1 has the Browser and the Main Playback tabs, Display 2 has one live window and I open the new live window and move it to Display 3. There are only these 3 tabs (+Browser). Changing focus to another tab on another display didn't do anything, but I could change the focus, but only with the mouseball.

Tom

Related