chase not operating properly

I built a moving light position chase, put it into sequence 2 and loaded that to a master,  The effect worked properly.   I then did a master link in my main sequence.  The first two times I played the sequence, it worked properly. However after that the chase would start at the 3rd step instead of the first.  If I brought the chase up manually on the master, it worked in the proper order. I never got it to run properly again , so I ended up running i9t manually.  Any ideas as to what went wrong?
Parents
  • HI there,

Not sure if it's the same issue that you are experiencing but it might be related.

We are having problems with Chases too. We need to be absolutely sure that they will run from the first step every time, but what seems to happen is that stopping a chase stops it on the step it is on and does not reset it to the begining -this seems to be because the assign key works as a 'Go' / 'Pause' rather than a 'Stop' -the effect being that the chase picks up from where it left off the next time it runs. (which can be a useful feature in some circumstances -but not all!)

The only way I've found that I can guarantee running a chase from the first step is to clear the master ad reload the chase -which is a major pain in the backside...

Is there an easier way to reset a chase to it's first step ?

Cheers

Richard 

• Richard J:
    Pull the fader to zero to stop the chase, and then push it back up to restart it.
    It will then restart at the first step.

• The Masters display(s) don't update with 'step 1' until you start bringing the Master back up.
    • If the chase was paused using the Master Key then it will still be paused at that step when it comes back up - in 4.3.2 you can hit the Master Key again while it's down to unpause it.
    • You can see whether the chase is paused or not in the Masters displays (dock or tab)

The Master Key is always a Go/Pause button.

When using Master Links, you have to remember to bring the Master back to zero before raising it again - Master Links are LTP operations.

• Richard J:
    Pull the fader to zero to stop the chase, and then push it back up to restart it.
    It will then restart at the first step.

• The Masters display(s) don't update with 'step 1' until you start bringing the Master back up.
    • If the chase was paused using the Master Key then it will still be paused at that step when it comes back up - in 4.3.2 you can hit the Master Key again while it's down to unpause it.
    • You can see whether the chase is paused or not in the Masters displays (dock or tab)

The Master Key is always a Go/Pause button.

When using Master Links, you have to remember to bring the Master back to zero before raising it again - Master Links are LTP operations.

Children
No Data
Related