Issues / Feature Requests

Hi .. we've owned a Congo since 05. I love this console, but as with all things leading edge occasionally there are hiccups. Let's use this post to report odd behaviours, work arounds, and feature requests to ETC and Congo development.

David Brenchley

Hope Community Church

Raleigh, NC 

[edited by: Dave at 3:43 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Nov 15 2006]
Parents
  • Ok .. here's one ..

Last nite when setting up a new show, I cleared a range of patches ... i.e. browser .. patch wizard .. set/clear .. Clear devices .. from (n) .. to (n + 50) .. ... function worked fine except .. text fields assigned in the channel database did not clear ... when devices were patched to the just cleared console channels they took on the "names" of the previously assigned devices .. as there was no equiviency it took a bunch of extra work effort to clear the old names and type new ones ...

also .. not an issue .. but something to put on the wish list ...

it would be nice if there were one screen where all patch assignments could be viewed/edited ..

in our environment we utilize fixtures which have both attribute and dimmer patches ..

all our dimmers exist in universe 2 .. devices in universe 1 .. to review/manually edit patches I have to bounce between 3 screens ..

also while I'm wishing ..

a lamp hour meter would be a nice feature for us in permanant installations .. tick minutes away any time a channel is live .. realize it wouldn't be accurate (has anyone ever experienced accurate lamp life ??) .. but it could be a useful tool for preventtive maint ...

• Hi Dave -

Regarding the clearing of the patch... Clearing the patch doesn't clear the texts, you are correct. You can, however, select entire columns of text and delete or replace it in one fell swoop. I take it you started from an existing show for a reason, though, as the fastest way to do this is actually to start a new play. :-) I will see if it is possible to add the ability to clear texts from the Channel Database through the Patch Wizard, though.

You can view the entire patch in the Channel List. All dimmer and device patch information is shown there. The best place to view and edit all your device patching is in the Device Settings list, though.

And lastly, we have been talking about using the Congo for "lamp hour" information just recently. You are correct that it would be inaccurate, and it is because of that inaccuracy that we won't implement such a feature. The console is really the last place you would want to get this kind of data because it would always be "suspect".

Thanks for the feedback!

Sarah

• Hey Sarah ... hope all is well .. with regard to your observations ..

we did / are doing a reset .. half a show is changing .. hense why I didn't start a new play ..

the problem with Channel List is on dimmer patches you have to launch yet another screen .. not a biggie .. but another screen.

Device settings doesn'i allow for changes to dimmer patches ..

Lamp Hour .. I'd request user feedback on this one before kissing it off .. the console ticking a clock when a channel is live would offer some indication vs what nothing ?? Permanent installs like ourselves often relamp entire riggs just for insurance / conveinence / lower maint cost. It would be nice to have some reference suspect or not to know lamps were approaching EOL.

• Try the Output Editor screen (new in v4.2.0) for your dimmer patches. This new view makes theatrical-style dimmer patching significantly easier and it uses only one tab to do it. Press MODIFY MODIFY to unlock the patch functions there, then you can use the following syntax to patch dimmers:

[#] [OUTPUT] selects the first dimmer, then

[#] [+], [-] or [THRU] can be used to select multiple dimmers, then

[#] [MODIFY] patches those selected dimmers either to the channel #, or to a range of channels starting with that #. There's a dialog to choose which behavior you want.

The order in which you select the outputs will determine the order in which they are range patched as well.

Hope that helps -

Sarah

• Try the Output Editor screen (new in v4.2.0) for your dimmer patches. This new view makes theatrical-style dimmer patching significantly easier and it uses only one tab to do it. Press MODIFY MODIFY to unlock the patch functions there, then you can use the following syntax to patch dimmers:

[#] [OUTPUT] selects the first dimmer, then

[#] [+], [-] or [THRU] can be used to select multiple dimmers, then

[#] [MODIFY] patches those selected dimmers either to the channel #, or to a range of channels starting with that #. There's a dialog to choose which behavior you want.

The order in which you select the outputs will determine the order in which they are range patched as well.

Hope that helps -

Sarah

Children
Related