Issues / Feature Requests

Hi .. we've owned a Congo since 05. I love this console, but as with all things leading edge occasionally there are hiccups. Let's use this post to report odd behaviours, work arounds, and feature requests to ETC and Congo development.

David Brenchley

Hope Community Church

Raleigh, NC 

[edited by: Dave at 3:43 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Nov 15 2006]
Parents
  • Sarah ... could you expound on "Link To Step function to create a looping sequence" ... it sounds like that exactly what I would like to do ..

can this "looping" sequence then be applied to a master ??

• Sure - in the sequence editor, scroll to the right to find the "Link to Step" column. Enter the number of the step you would like to link to in this cell. For example, if you want to have the sequence run continually without playing the blackout in between the last step and the first step, simply scroll to the last step in your sequence, then scroll over to the "Link to Step" cell and type 1 MODIFY. Then place the appropriate wait times on all the steps in the sequence so that they will "autofollow". This is essentially what setting the sequence to CHASE does, as well.

Hope that helps -

Sarah 

• Is there a way to simplify channel checking?  We currently are using the RRFU for channel check.  The problem is that it does not skip the channels not used in the show.  On our Obsession II we always put the RFU into the used in show flexichannel mode to facilitate easier channel checks (once the show is open).  Is there a way to do the same for the RRFU on the Congo?  Especially since there isn't a display on the remote yet.

• Hi Mat -

Congo can be set to a permanent "Flexichannel" state by using the channel NAME function in the Channel List. Normally, channels are always named 1-to-1 and unpatched channel numbers appear on screen. If you want to "remove" those unpatched channels permanently, rename them to 0. When renamed to 0, the channel no longer exists in the Live or any other channel displays. This way, Check + and Check - will skip unpatched channels.

Hope that helps -

Sarah

• Thanks.  Although it would be great if there were a faster way to do this in some future release.

• Hi to all,

Here are a few requests for some new features we could hope on a new Congo version.

Inhibit masters at any place in any master page (could be a new column to check on the master page tab)

Rubberband on/off for ANY master (a new column as well).

I think we definitely need those 2 new features... What do you think about it?
  • Hi to all,

Here are a few requests for some new features we could hope on a new Congo version.

Inhibit masters at any place in any master page (could be a new column to check on the master page tab)

Rubberband on/off for ANY master (a new column as well).

I think we definitely need those 2 new features... What do you think about it?
Children
  • Actually, both these features are planned for an upcoming software release later this year.
  • Anders, I love you.

thanks for making Congo better and better...

Stephan
  • Apologies for reviving a dead thread, but it's preferable to starting a new one.

Is there any way that in a future release the Congo Jr. Master Playback Wing can be run as a two-scene preset?

I know there's a way to setup presets on the board using the software, but as somebody who does slightly complicated shows without using cues a few times every year, the ability to manipulate sliders is preferred to using a software interface.

Thanks 

[edited by: Arel at 11:55 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Jul 21 2007] spelling/grammar
  • Hi there -

This is not currently on our list as you would be limited to 20 channels per scene. You can run the console in a single scene mode in Channels Only, or perhaps instead of thinking in two scene you could build a number of groups and play those on the Masters? Just a thought...

How many channels would you want to see in a two scene mode?

Thanks -

Sarah

• Not sure this is the proper place to post this but seemed the best fit. I've worked on some projects recently where it would have been great to have a standalone device with a bunch of sliders, programmable displays associated with each, and a USB interface to a computer. I searched and never found anything that fit. Then it hit me that this is exactly the Master Playback Wing for the Jr.! Is it possible to purchase these devices without owning a Congo Jr., and if so would ETC provide documentation on the interface programming? Or does ETC purchase these from another vendor who could sell them?

Thanks,

Randy 

• My requests would be as follows:

The UNDO function talked about above would be great.  

I'd like to be able to select a bunch of presets and delete them all together.  At present it allows me to select several (or indeed all) but when I hit DELETE it only deletes the first.  Why can't it just say "Are you sure you want to delete n presents?" and let me chose Modify or Esc?

A way of recording chases that involves having  maybe 3 channels in the first step, 4 in the second, 2 in  the third etc. but doesn't involve recording each step as a separate preset first (or recording just one channel in each step then editing it) would be nice.

The ability for the display to read DMX values rather than percentages, especially when setting colours on a washlight and focus positions in 16-bit.

Other than these, I'm liking the board very much.  Thanks everyone.
  • Just Some Bloke:
    A way of recording chases that involves having  maybe 3 channels in the first step, 4 in the second, 2 in  the third etc. but doesn't involve recording each step as a separate preset first (or recording just one channel in each step then editing it) would be nice.

I'm assuming you mean chases that are more complex than the Chase Wizard will do.

Good news - It's already here!

You have two options:

• Put the chase onto the Main Playback and record as normal with Build Sequence turned on.
    • Build it directly onto a Master as follows:
      1. Create a new Sequence - [Seq] # [Insert]
      2. Change the mode to Chase
      3. Put that Sequence onto a Master - # [Seq] & [Master Key]
      4. Set up the first step
      5. Hold [Record] and hit the Master Key for the chosen Master
      6. Repeat 4 thru 5 until done.
  • Thanks, Richard.  I've just tried the second version and it's really easy!  I'd want to assign the chase to a master anyway, so it's just a matter of recording the steps after doing that.  Genius!

If only deleting a series of presets in one go were that easy... !        (... oh, and those dmx values rather than percentages would be great too).

Thanks again.

• Bloke,

re.

The ability for the display to read DMX values rather than percentages, especially when setting colours on a washlight and focus positions in 16-bit

[FORMAT] & [@ LEVEL] will toggle between 0-100 and 0-255 for the 8-bit or 0-65535 for the 16-bit parameters.

Doesn't work if you have used a palette to assign the values though.

Mark

• Thanks Mark, that's great news!

When I asked a certain person at ETC (who shall remain nameless!) if this was possible he said it wasn't but was on the wish list.

I've just tried it and now have a big smile on my face!

• Feature Request :

add columns/features with check marks in masters List : 

Inhibit
    Rubberband

We should be able to use any single master with these functions on or off.

Flash Mode :

Add a TOGGLE function (same as we have in independants), so we get On, Off, Solo, Toggle Mode for Flash Keys.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Stephan
  • These are already on our list of things to do. :-)

Please be patient - we will get there.

Thanks!

Sarah 

Related