Issues / Feature Requests

Hi .. we've owned a Congo since 05. I love this console, but as with all things leading edge occasionally there are hiccups. Let's use this post to report odd behaviours, work arounds, and feature requests to ETC and Congo development.

David Brenchley

Hope Community Church

Raleigh, NC 

[edited by: Dave at 3:43 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Nov 15 2006]
Parents
  • Good Day folks ..

We recently upgraded to 4.3.3 and I've noted an odd behavior when patching using the output list. Changes made in this screen are not immediattly apparent. eg. If I patch a channel to a dimmer then run that channel up in Live there is no change. I have to exit the output list screen to have control.

Here's a request (but I bet its already in there) .. could there be a switch/function that when the cursor is moved from output to output the dimmer is bumped to some level ?? Certainly would assist in patching and minimize some paper work when building new shows ... 

• Hi Dave -

Instead of switching to Live, stay in the Output editor. You can select by output or by channel in this view and it should work to bring up all the outputs you've just patched to that channel.

To do a dimmer check, you can select a dimmer/output, bring it to a level, then just press [+] to switch to the next output at that level, or use [-] to go backwards. Additionally, you can select multiple outputs and check them simultaneously using [#] [OUTPUT] [#] [+] or [-] or [THRU] just like you would with channels...

Does that help?

Thanks!

Sarah

• THANKS Sarah !!!

I'll give it a try this eve ... I'm not mistaken am I, this is a new "behaviour" in the output screen from previous vers ???

• That has been the subject of a few conversations. Hopefully it will be sorted out in the next version.

Thanks & happy holidays!

Sarah

• Hey Sarah ..

I think I confused you .. I was referring to the output list .. not the output editor .. (which by the way I've not gotten a grip on yet) speaking of which ..

we use 2 universes 1 = control 2 = dimmers ... in the output editor .. I see the various universes present in the screen but if I zoom to make the content legible .. how do I navigate between universes ..

May you and all at ETC have a very happy holiday .. 

• Hello David,

Hold down CH and use the wheel to scroll in the output editor (or any other channel view)

Oskar 

• THANKS Oskar !!!

Another of those important methods that failed to register in the old gray matter ... ;-)

• Hi Dave -

Trust me - graduate from the Output List and find a lot more flexibility and functionality in the Output Editor. :-)

You can also jump from universe to universe by simply selecting the output you want to see - you can enter those outputs in absolute numbers (513=DMX 1 on Universe 2) or you can enter them in offset.port syntax - 1.2 = DMX 1 on Universe 2.

So, [1][.][2] [OUTPUT] will select the first output in universe 2.

[1][.][2] [OUTPUT] [5][.][2] [THRU] will select outputs 1-5 on universe 2. And so on...

When you first open the Output Editor, it's in view-only mode, so you can check your patch, do a dimmer check, but not adjust your patch. To unlock the editor, press MODIFY MODIFY, then MODIFY once again to confirm the dialog. Then you can patch in this view as well, selecting outputs as above, then press [#] [MODIFY] to patch those selected outputs to a channel #. You can patch multiple outputs to one channel, or to multiple channels starting at the # you enter. Make sense?

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi Dave -

Trust me - graduate from the Output List and find a lot more flexibility and functionality in the Output Editor. :-)

You can also jump from universe to universe by simply selecting the output you want to see - you can enter those outputs in absolute numbers (513=DMX 1 on Universe 2) or you can enter them in offset.port syntax - 1.2 = DMX 1 on Universe 2.

So, [1][.][2] [OUTPUT] will select the first output in universe 2.

[1][.][2] [OUTPUT] [5][.][2] [THRU] will select outputs 1-5 on universe 2. And so on...

When you first open the Output Editor, it's in view-only mode, so you can check your patch, do a dimmer check, but not adjust your patch. To unlock the editor, press MODIFY MODIFY, then MODIFY once again to confirm the dialog. Then you can patch in this view as well, selecting outputs as above, then press [#] [MODIFY] to patch those selected outputs to a channel #. You can patch multiple outputs to one channel, or to multiple channels starting at the # you enter. Make sense?

Thanks -

Sarah

Children
Related