Updating Tracking (Update + @Level)

Does anyone else update tracking (Update + @Level)?

We've been having some problems with it and I'm just trying to get a better handle on whether it's our system or Congo wide.

The problem is it displays extra channels in the dialogue box and is making updates besides the channels we've changed.

Thanks,
Mat

Parents
  • Hi Mat -

I have used this feature and have not seen this problem. If you could provide more details about when it happens, I would be interested to hear them. I can get a tester looking to recreate what you are seeing...

Thanks-

Sarah

• I think someone should already be working on it.  I passed the information on to Ben Smith who I believe passed it on to Anders.  I sent an email last Friday and again with more information on Wednesday (I think people were on vacation for the Fourth).  I was more curious if it was happening for other people.

Here's a copy of what I sent before.  Let me know if you need to send you show files and the other documents I made showing keystrokes.

I have more information about our tracking problems.

I went back and did some updating in our DHSM show file (the show we just finished teching).  It seems that the channels displayed when you update tracking are consistent for a particular channel in a particular preset but not across channels or across presets.  I’ve included a word file documenting my keystrokes and the dialogue boxes.

I then created a very simple show file from scratch.  New Showfile>discard changes and open a blank file>Patch 1:1

It contains 10 presets each with channels 1<10 and levels going up sequentially.  I then began updating tracking from preset 1 and observed similar problems but this time I was able to better document them since the file was much simpler.  I began by changing the level of Ch 1 and updating tracking. It displayed I was updating Channels 1 8 335. I then proceeded to the next prestet (Seq+) and changed the level of Ch 2.  It displayed Channels 2 8 498.

I then looked at the track sheet which showed that Channels 1 and two were as I expected them to be but Ch 8 was at zero in both presets 1 and 2.  This continued and I have included and excel file recreating the track sheet displays.  I’ll also include the small show I created.

• Hi Mat & Mike -

We are looking into this now. Thanks for the report. I would expect to see a fix for this in our v4.3.2 software coming in September.

Thanks-

Sarah

Reply Children
Related