Feature request

Hi all,

I am a newbie and have been working on the Congo for one week in a live festival situation where nothing is programmed in sequences, I'm just firing some subs (i.e. presets, groups; including dynamics and attribs)

I am very pleased with console as it works very much like a conventional lighting board and results are quickly to achieev, however there are some items for a wishlist:

_ One should be able to quickly pick Palettes from the Direct Selects and put them onto Master Faders. (One song you need to fade between blues and greens, the next you'd like to fade between reds and lavenders...) At the moment I'm mostly stuck in "What number was that blue?" and making five keystrokes.

I know that [CONNECT] is meant for a different purpose, but an easy way would be [CONNECT][Direct Select] & [MasterKey]

_ Also it would be very helpful to move (i.e. copy/paste) Master Key contents ("No, this preset not here but there, we've forgotten to put the drum's special in between those two...")

Thanks,

Mario 

Parents
  • Hi there -

These are easier than you think -

If you know the number of the palette you want on a master (and if they are already on the direct selects, then the number is displayed right there), just type # COLOR & MASTER KEY to assign it to a fader. If you want to assign a whole bunch of palettes to masters, type # (where # is the lowest numbered palette you want to assign) then press and hold COLOR then press as many master keys one by one as you have palettes. This works for Focus, Color, Beam, Palettes, Groups, Presets, Sequences, Dynamic Effects... Just press and hold the key for the data type you want to assign.

Moving things around on masters is equally easy. Nothing "lives" on a master, those bits of data are only referenced by that master. This means that clearing contents from a master doesn't actually delete the data from the show. Press and hold the C/ALT key and then press a master key to clear the contents of a master. Then you can place whatever you want onto that master and reassign the next one with the old content. Also, you have 999 master pages in a play, so you can have a lot of different setups  on pages and use the paging keys to change the contents of the masters on the fly.

I hope this helps...

Thanks -

Sarah

• Wow!  I thought this only worked with presets (labeled as quick loading presets in the manual), I didn't know it worked for everything else!  This would have saved a lot of time in my last show getting my masters set for programming, I'm glad that you mentioned this for my next show.  Is there a trick for quickly converting Auto-Groups to groups without bringing those up and then recording them as groups, or is it possible to put auto-groups in masters, either would be really helpful!

Thanks,

J. R.

• Unfortunately, AutoGroups are a special kind of data, so they can only live on the Direct Selects at the moment. Your method of re-recording them as normal groups is the way to go.

Thanks -

Sarah 

Reply Children
No Data
Related