Selecting Multiple Groups

At present i use my direct selects to store groups, palettes, focus palettes and beam palettes.  What i want to know is, is there a way to select multiple selects like you would be able to do with files on a PC using a control button. So for instance i could grab my mac 600's and my robe 250AT's out of  the together out of the select list rather than having to continually have to create different types of groups to create combinations.  If this isn't possible would it be possible to have in a future release?

Many thanks

Andrew

Parents
  • Hi Andrew -

You can use the [+] and [-] keys to add or subtract selections using direct selects and/or master keys. So, using direct selects (or masters), press the select corresponding to the first group you want to select, then press and hold [+] while pressing the selects for the other groups you want to add. Pressing and holding [-] will allow you to subtract groups from the currently selected channels.

I hope this helps - it's something I use a lot!

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi Sarah

I also use a lot that method to select several groups or any other thing but I think that is missing one way to select several groups that is the [Thru] key. Sometimes I've got to select several groups that are on masters and I've to press 3 or more times the keys to select all the groups I want. For example if I've got on the masters 1 to 10 the groups 1 to 10 and I need to select from group 2 to 6 I think that it is more easy for everybody to press the master key 2 press the [Thru] key (leaving the finger on the key) and press the master key 6. The result should be the channels of the groups 2 to 6 must be select.

The same thing to the Direct Selects Keys should it be possible to do cause save a very litle time when we are programmig a show.

Pedro Alves

• Hi Sarah

I also use a lot that method to select several groups or any other thing but I think that is missing one way to select several groups that is the [Thru] key. Sometimes I've got to select several groups that are on masters and I've to press 3 or more times the keys to select all the groups I want. For example if I've got on the masters 1 to 10 the groups 1 to 10 and I need to select from group 2 to 6 I think that it is more easy for everybody to press the master key 2 press the [Thru] key (leaving the finger on the key) and press the master key 6. The result should be the channels of the groups 2 to 6 must be select.

The same thing to the Direct Selects Keys should it be possible to do cause save a very litle time when we are programmig a show.

Pedro Alves

Children
Related