Patching S4 Revolution scrollers

Hi

I am trying to patch a S4 revolution with a 20 frame custom scroller on a congo desk.

When I use the 'patch device' tab in the 'patch wizard', I add the 'revolution 20 frame' scroller in the scroller drop down menu. Then I am trying to put the scroller frames on direct selects.

Everytime I do this, only 14 frames appear in my direct select section instead of 20. If it select frame 14, it does go the last frame though, but why arnt all 20 frames appearing as they would for any other scroller??

I have also tried creating my own 20 frame scroller roll in the devices menu, and then patching the revolution and adding this scroller roll, but still no luck!

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks, Graham

Parents
  • Hi there -

Are the Revolutions already patched and you're trying to use the Patch Wizard to assign scroller rolls to them? I'm not sure it works this way (if you're patching at the same time, you can assign the scroller roll at the same time, but I don't think you can change the scroll of an existing device in this wizard)...

Please give the following a try -

Open the Device List in the Patching node of the Browser. Check that the scroller roll has been assigned correctly to your Revolutions. If not, as I suspect is the case, then you can arrow over to the scroller roll cells and press MODIFY to open the list of available scrolls. Choose your 20 frame scroll here and it should all work fine from then on.

I hope this helps!

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi

No, I tried to assign the scroller rolls to them whilst patching them using the patch wizard. I assigned the 'Revolution 20 Frame' but it only appears as 14 frames on the direct selects, so when I select frame 7, it actually goes somewhere near frame 10.

I have checked the template for this scroller roll and there are definately 20 frames in it.

I have also tried inserting a new 20 frame custom scroller and patching the whole unit again with this scroller roll, but still only 14 frames.

It seems that when I select the channel and use the moving light control buttons/wheel for the scroller, the option is also only clear/open, then frames 1 - 14?

Looking at the device list, both the revolutions have the same 20 frame scroller roll assigned here too.

Anything else I can try?

• Which version of software are you using?

Can you send a copy of your show to congo AT etcconnect DOT com?

Thanks!

Sarah

• Howdy Graham,

What Congo Software Version are you using? V6? V5.1.0? V4.3.4?

When you patch the S4 Revolution in the Wizard, do you see the same setup as in this photo?

• Hi gwilson

Have you try to recalibrate the scrollers???

I don't know what version you've got but on V6 if you go to "Browser>Devices>Settings and Tools>Scroller Rolls" and select the scroller that you are using and then recalibrate all the colors by changing the value numbers until the colors are ok.

Hope that helps something

Pedro Alves

• Hi gwilson

Have you try to recalibrate the scrollers???

I don't know what version you've got but on V6 if you go to "Browser>Devices>Settings and Tools>Scroller Rolls" and select the scroller that you are using and then recalibrate all the colors by changing the value numbers until the colors are ok.

Hope that helps something

Pedro Alves

Children
  • I have sent you the show file to have a look.

I am using V5.1.0

I have looked at the scroller roll calibration in the browers > devices > settings and tools menu and the 'Revolution custom 20 frames' that i have inserted definately has 20 frames.

Like i say, I can wheel through all the frames on the moving light attribute wheel, but cant access all 20 of them quickly.

Am i right in thinking that it should be type > parameter, and then select the 'beam' att and then the 'scroller' button to assign that parameter to the direct selects?? (this is the way i usually do this) 

Related