Masking intensity

Hi

Running congo on V5

Can anyone tell me how to mask the intensity for the purpose of recording dynamic effects to masters without intensity wich is usefull for busking?

example;

Have a circle(dynamic 1) on a fader and a smooth(dynamic 13) next to it,

and be able to push up the smooth, and then the circle without overriding  the smooth?

I know its possible cause Ive done it, but not sure how.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Chenn

Parents
  • Hi Chenn,

If you mean recording a dynamic effect without any intensity (i.e. fixtures moving but no beams of light) then i manage it by getting the dynamic effect running in the dynamic effects window then returning to live window and turning the intensity of the fixtures to zero and then recording it as a preset.

Si

• Even easier would be to use a v5 Dynamic Effect Playback - [Insert] & [Effect]

This is treated just like a 'normal' desk channel and gives you full control over the effect in the same way you focus a moving light.
    - Set the attributes using the encoders or spreadsheet editors to choose the effect and lights to apply it to, then use the Intensity of the Effect Playback to start and stop the effect.

More info including a tutorial is here

The [Dyn Effect] button and functionality is primarily there for compatibility with your old files - we recommend that everyone use the new Effect Playbacks for new shows, as they are much easier (and more fun!) to use.

• Even easier would be to use a v5 Dynamic Effect Playback - [Insert] & [Effect]

This is treated just like a 'normal' desk channel and gives you full control over the effect in the same way you focus a moving light.
    - Set the attributes using the encoders or spreadsheet editors to choose the effect and lights to apply it to, then use the Intensity of the Effect Playback to start and stop the effect.

More info including a tutorial is here

The [Dyn Effect] button and functionality is primarily there for compatibility with your old files - we recommend that everyone use the new Effect Playbacks for new shows, as they are much easier (and more fun!) to use.

Children
No Data
Related