Mask attributes for a specific channel

I came across what I think is a weird part of Mask last week.

I was trying to mask the focus information for 1 channel, but when I selected the channel and masked the focus all of the focus information was masked.

I was building presets into masters and I didn't want the focus info being written in for one of the fixtures that I was going to use for solo pick-ups.

I would like Mask to only mask the attributes for selected fixtures.

I am running 4.3.1.

Thanks,

John

Parents
  • Hi John -

Mask in Congo is global. Depending on how you record attributes, you have a couple of options for making the preset do what you want it to do:

1) If you use the AUTOMATIC setting for recording attributes, then you can use the DEVICE softkey menu to get to the "CLEAR CHANGED" softkey. In Automatic, only changed parameters are recorded, so the CLEAR CHANGED softkey can be used to clear the changed flag for selected channels (the purple in Live Attributes) before you record. In this case, I would select the one channel and press CLEAR CHANGED & FOCUS to clear the flags on just that channel.

2) If you record ALL or ACTIVE attributes,  then I would record the preset normally and then delete the focus information in the preset attribute editor for that preset. Press # MODIFY & PRESET to open the preset list at that preset's number, then press ATTRIB to open the editor. Arrow over into the Focus cells and delete them from the preset by pressing DELETE.

If there is no data in the preset for that attribute, then other data can "play through".

I hope this helps!

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi John -

Mask in Congo is global. Depending on how you record attributes, you have a couple of options for making the preset do what you want it to do:

1) If you use the AUTOMATIC setting for recording attributes, then you can use the DEVICE softkey menu to get to the "CLEAR CHANGED" softkey. In Automatic, only changed parameters are recorded, so the CLEAR CHANGED softkey can be used to clear the changed flag for selected channels (the purple in Live Attributes) before you record. In this case, I would select the one channel and press CLEAR CHANGED & FOCUS to clear the flags on just that channel.

2) If you record ALL or ACTIVE attributes,  then I would record the preset normally and then delete the focus information in the preset attribute editor for that preset. Press # MODIFY & PRESET to open the preset list at that preset's number, then press ATTRIB to open the editor. Arrow over into the Focus cells and delete them from the preset by pressing DELETE.

If there is no data in the preset for that attribute, then other data can "play through".

I hope this helps!

Thanks -

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related