MIDI and congo offline

Is it possible to access the midi input in the congo offline editor? I have done this successfully with the Hog 2 pc using midi-ox and a behringer bcf 2000.  I would like to use this controller with the congo offline and map the console's controls to faders and encoders. Also, in the Midi implementation chart I do not see any values listed for the parameter wheels, are there any, or do I have to assign a parameter wheel to a master and map it this way? 

thanks for your input, no pun intended,

jim

Parents
  • Hi,

It is only possible to connect MIDI devices to the MIDI ports of the Congo consoles, not to a PC in Offline mode. Sorry.

In case you want to run this with your console, controllers 1-4 should correspond to the parameter wheels.

• Hi GYM, Anders

I have Tascam FW 1082, and am using "Bome's MIDI Translator" to translate simple MIDI commands into keyboard shortcuts for Congo Offline editor. That can speed up some work but I really miss the possibility to control other MIDI devices or to have possibility to control Offline editors rotary controllers and faders. MIDI support would give more flexibility in offline preparations for more complex MIDI controlled shows, as it can be tedious and time consuming to make it on-site.

Cheers!

• Hi GYM, Anders

I have Tascam FW 1082, and am using "Bome's MIDI Translator" to translate simple MIDI commands into keyboard shortcuts for Congo Offline editor. That can speed up some work but I really miss the possibility to control other MIDI devices or to have possibility to control Offline editors rotary controllers and faders. MIDI support would give more flexibility in offline preparations for more complex MIDI controlled shows, as it can be tedious and time consuming to make it on-site.

Cheers!

Children
Related