Missing a function

Does anyone know where "Return" has gone in 6.03? It used to be CH/ID plus @level in 5.1. I also, I find it confusing that  pressing the group & effect buttons latches the keypad into that mode but pressing preset does not. The wonderful Mr Roberts always taught the congo syntax as "what & where" but we seem to be drifting into "where & what". I'm getting a headache.

Parents
  • "Return" function has moved to [On/Fetch] & [@Level]

- Think "Fetch my old Level"

[CH/ID] & [@LEVEL] is now a "flash this channel", to help with identifying a channel in the rig.

With regards to the other syntax things:

You're running in At Mode, which negates the pure "Number Action Target" or "What and Where" syntax in favour of having [ch] # [@Level] # syntax, which many people prefer.

One limitation of the v5 At Mode syntax was that it was difficult to select multiple Groups or Effects.

For v6, we have expanded the At Mode syntax to allow you to select Groups and Effects in the same way as channels - because they are your channels.

So now you can type [Group] 1 [+] 2 [+] 3 [@level] 50 to select groups 1,2 and 3 and put them all to 50%, and equally [Effect] 1 [thru] 5 [.] to select Effect Playbacks 1 through 5.

The old [Group] shortcut to open the Groups List is replaced by [Modify] & [Group]

Presets are still the same as they always have been, as they're not primarily channel selection tools but your 'looks on stage'

[edited by: Richard at 4:06 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Feb 8 2010]
  • "Return" function has moved to [On/Fetch] & [@Level]

- Think "Fetch my old Level"

[CH/ID] & [@LEVEL] is now a "flash this channel", to help with identifying a channel in the rig.

With regards to the other syntax things:

You're running in At Mode, which negates the pure "Number Action Target" or "What and Where" syntax in favour of having [ch] # [@Level] # syntax, which many people prefer.

One limitation of the v5 At Mode syntax was that it was difficult to select multiple Groups or Effects.

For v6, we have expanded the At Mode syntax to allow you to select Groups and Effects in the same way as channels - because they are your channels.

So now you can type [Group] 1 [+] 2 [+] 3 [@level] 50 to select groups 1,2 and 3 and put them all to 50%, and equally [Effect] 1 [thru] 5 [.] to select Effect Playbacks 1 through 5.

The old [Group] shortcut to open the Groups List is replaced by [Modify] & [Group]

Presets are still the same as they always have been, as they're not primarily channel selection tools but your 'looks on stage'

[edited by: Richard at 4:06 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Feb 8 2010]
Children
No Data
Related