Midi Show Control, and live update problems 6.0.3

During plotting and tech over the last few days I've seen what appear to be a couple of issues on our Junior with software 6.0.3.

The first is an issue when sending the congo msc go commands from QLab. If QLab is set up to send a cue such as cue "1" instead of "1.0" the the console would more often than not try and go to a non existent cue "1.9". Putting the ".0" in after the cue seems to solve this. The behaviour in this instance has changed several times over the course of Congo history if my memory is correct. In v4 you needed to include the first decimal place or nothing would happen, in v5 you could omit the decimal, now with v6 the outcome can be unpredictable.

The second issue I have is with the Live tab. often when plotting I've had a situation where using the +/-% keys has caused the actual level to go up, but not in the live tab, which will go up either some seconds later, or when a cue is updated, or recorded. A small issue but annoying none the less.

Richard

Parents
  • Hi Richard,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you put in the decimal place in the MSC GO command, will it always work?

Regarding the Live tab: I have one earlier report about the Live tab not updating properly but we have never been able to reproduce anything similar. Do you have any more information about the specific case where it happens? Is it just when pressing +/-%? Do you have many channels selected?

Do you have a network connected to Congo?

• It would appear that with the decimal place in the go command we always get the correct result, or at least we've no noticed anything going wrong.

The live update tab issue is a bit harder to describe. With this designer I never tend to have more than one channel at a time selected, and on this show I know it was always three or less. I mainly noticed the issue with the +/- % keys, but I know it happened at least once when entering a value the hitting @level.

There is a network attached to the desk, mainly for irfr and occasional a client machine. Niether of these were attached during the main plotting session where the above issue was noticed.

Thanks,

Richard

• It would appear that with the decimal place in the go command we always get the correct result, or at least we've no noticed anything going wrong.

The live update tab issue is a bit harder to describe. With this designer I never tend to have more than one channel at a time selected, and on this show I know it was always three or less. I mainly noticed the issue with the +/- % keys, but I know it happened at least once when entering a value the hitting @level.

There is a network attached to the desk, mainly for irfr and occasional a client machine. Niether of these were attached during the main plotting session where the above issue was noticed.

Thanks,

Richard

Children
No Data
Related