Few questions and queries regarding working on Congo

Should / could the „Select“ button work as shift on the keyboard in spreadsheet editing like the track sheet to select multiple cells together?

When muting the internal speaker I cannot see the clock in the top right corner, it greys out.

Nothing is allowed to dock in the right hand side of the screen (the dock comes up empty after I hit OK).  Also is it possible to dock to other tabs than on screen 1?

Is it possible to have separate FBC time for different channels in the same preset?

On my offline editor I can use native letters as my PC is set up in that way.  Is it possible to do the same in the XP section of the Congo, i.e. give me native letters for naming presets etc?

Can a track sheet be printed, saved or copied to excel or similar program?

Can the lettering on the LCD screens be made smaller to get more letters in?

Can the channel list and the channel database be merged into one or both show information from the other to make patching and organising channels simpler /easier?

I like to keep the sequence list open when programming but I find that the view jumps around in the sequence list when I move tabs.  For instance if I make modifications in channel time and then go back to the sequence list the view I get is near the middle and not at the far left hand side so I don’t see what preset / step I am in?

FCB times don´t always get correctly represented in the main playback tab.  Sometimes I get a red dot at the start of the time line of say Focus if it has a separate time or delay time to Beam and colour timelines. 

It would be of great help if I can select groups for effects by typing a number rather than having to scroll through a list that half the time shows me incomplete names.  The 40 quick selects groups are of little use to me as my groups of moving lights have the highest group numbers (and those are the groups I most like to apply an effect to).

When importing or creating a macro you have to close the macro tab to refresh it.

If a Follow time to the next preset is less than the crossfade time, moving lights don´t automark and move FCB when intensity is up.  Could this be changed so moving lights automark a preset earlier if Follow time has less value than the crossfade / out time?  Alternatively I could do an All Record with the FCB time set in the preset before but I would like a quicker work-around.

What is the correct keystroke to select more than one group and effect in @ mode?

Is there no Follow time softkey only Wait time?

Can effects / dynamic playback be muted or made solo?

If sequence step time is less than FCB time I don´t have any indication on the main playback tap how long is left of the FCB time once the sequence step time is passed.  Can this be changed?

Thanks,
Orri

Parents
  • Firstly, which Congo software version are you currently using?

Secondly, some answers:

Hold down [Select] and use the arrow keys in any spreadsheet view to select multiple cells.

Clock going grey as well as the speaker - that's a bug, and will be fixed in v6.1 (Sorry - I misread the bug report originally)
    As a workaround, hit [Setup] > "System" tab and untick the "Beep" option to make the console quiet without reducing the volume to 0%

Docks - On Congo fullsize Monitor 1 there is a hardware limitation that means certain docks don't display on the right-hand side.
    Docks can be placed on any monitor as follows:
    Focus a Tab that is on the desired monitor (or move one there with [Tab] & [Left/Right Arrow]), then hit [Setup] & [Browser] to configure the Docks on that monitor.

To set FCB timing for individual channels:
    Select channel(s), # [Time] & [Focus], then choose 'Individual Parameters' instead of 'Preset FCB times'
    - You can also set these in the Preset Attribute Editor - use [Format] & [Down Arrow] in an Attribute view to get the extra rows for Time and Delay.

There is a "System Locale" option in Welcome Screen > System Settings > General, that allows you to choose the external USB keyboard layout.
    - I believe this was added in v6. However, I did just notice that Iceland doesn't appear to be an option at present.

Printing to PDF was added in v6, along with the ability to export Patch and Channel Database info to CSV

The "Red Dot" in FCB times is to indicate that some of the channels are not using the 'global' FCB times displayed but have their own timing.

To select multiple Groups and Effect Playbacks in At Mode, in v6 use: [Group] # [+] # [+] # etc
    - At Mode syntax was one the the big improvements in v6. In v5 you can use Direct Selects while holding down [+].

Effect Playbacks are just like console desk channels - you can Park or Capture them to 'Mute'.
    Not quite sure what you mean by 'Solo' them, but you could always put an Effect playback onto a Master (either 'raw' or in a Preset) and Solo that Master, as you would to 'solo' a bank of parcans.

[edited by: Richard at 7:57 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 12 2010]
  • Many thanks for your prompt reply.  I am using 6.03 and will try out your answers shortly.

Kind regards,
    Orri

Reply Children
No Data
Related