Shutdown Macro.

Is there anyway to have a macro shutdown the congo.  I am thinking of a macro recorded to a master, so that the flash button can be used to shutdown the console.  The reason being we frequently have the desk operated via the remote trigger by one of our stage managers, who then has to swithch the desk off at the end of the night.  It would be more fullproof if the desk could be switched off as described above.

Cheers

• You might try to make a macro that uses BROWSER followed by arrow keys to move to the Shutdown item followed by MODIFY.

• Hi Anders,

I tried that.  The first problem is that the browser needs to be left either open or closed, however it is that the macro has been written.  Not a big deal, and easily sorted.  The second problem I found is that the arrow keys don't seem to work in a macro. 

I wrote a macro that opens the browser, then arrows back several times, and arrows all the way to the top of the menu system (enough arrows to ensure that no matter whatever state it was left in it will always find the top level), then down to powerdown.  All this macro does for me is opens the browser, but then stays in the same state it was previously in, not navigating to powerdown.

Any ideas?

• I wrote a shutdown macro with these keystrokes:

Live (in case the Browser is focused), Browser, C+Browser (clears the Browser), Arrow Down, Arrow Right, Arrow Down 11 times, Modify.

I put this on a Master Key so anyone who runs the board can shut down the console by running this macro and then just pressing Modify.  I don't know that it is possible to shut it down all the way, however, since if you do the Learn Macro function it will shut down before you can record the macro.

The problem you were probably having with the arrows is that you have to go to your Macro screen (Modify + Macro) and make sure the "realtime" selection is ticked.

• Lidgett you are a genius. 

As you rightly said the problem I was having with the arrows was due to 'realtime' not being selected.  I wasn't intending to have a macro completely shutdown the desk, as this is just asking for and accidental shutdown midshow, which is clearly not a good idea. 

However, I did manage to make the desk do this.  I followed your instructions so that I have the dialogue box 'Are you sure?' open.  What I found was that the trackball buttons are not recorded in a macro, so if you use the trackball to select 'cancel' then press 'modify' again, and then finish recording, the macro will shutdown the desk completely.  When the macro runs it ignores 'cancel' being selected by the trackball, and only 'sees' the next 'modify' command, which when recording reselected 'power off', but actually causes the previously highlighted 'modify' on the dialigue box to be selected, and the desk to shutdown.

As I said this was not what I was intending, but this may be of some use to other users.

Related