close while moving

Hi i'm new to this forum and new to Congo.

I need to know if the Congo has a feature for movin heads?

For me it's called close while moving or it can be called something else .Every console has a diffrent name

Can someone tell me if Congo has such a thing?

Thx in advance

Parents
  • I think you mean "Move while dark" 

The option for this is "Go in B" (as opposed to "Go on Go")

You can either tick it for the whole cue in the Advanced tab when recording, or for individual channels in the Attributes Editor.
    - The setting in the Attributes Editor overrides the setting for the whole cue, so you can set it differently for individual channels while leaving most of them affected by the cue.

Go In B will make all attributes that have this tag execute when the previous cue completes, using the time recorded in their cue.

Note that Go In B does not have any 'is the light on?' logic, so you have to be careful when programming 'live' moves. 

[edited by: Richard at 10:31 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Aug 28 2007]
  • You can setup Congo to automatically choose GoOnGo or GoInB.  If you don't have "Disable automatic GoInB logic" checked under Settings/Attributes, Congo will automatically set the GoInB logic.  If the intensity is up in the preset prior to a preset in which an attribute changes the preset with the movement will be set to GoOnGo. (You will see the light move live when you press the Go button)  If the intensity is at zero in a preset prior to one in which an attribute changes the preset with the move will be GoInB (The light will move when the preset with the move information is in B.  This means the light will move when the preset two steps before the preset with the move finishes and you are sitting in the completed preset before the one in which the GoInB command is recorded)

Hopefully this makes at least some sense.  Maybe more people with better explanatory skills will chime in.

•  First sorry for late replay i was busy!

Well I try with the GoInB and was more confusing then not.I was traying to make less cues that is nessesery but it got me nowhere.

You can cut some cues with the CH TIME,ATTRIBUTES DELAY,ATTRIBUTES TIME...... but it took more time ,so it is easier to make 3 cues for every position

So i was traying to make less cues  with moving lights from one position to another( using all movin lights from one position to another)

thx for your answer,but i have to read it again hoping it would make some sense

• Assuming your cue structure is as follows.

cue 1 lights on

cue 2 lights off fades out over 5 seconds.

cue 3 lights on in new position

then there are several ways to achieve a dark move.

easiest if your fixture supports the function "Dark Move" use that.

If it doesn't or you want to have control of the time of the move to keep noise down.

Fetch the Position information from step 3 to step to and assign a delay longer than the intensity fade.

3 Fetch + Focus

7 Delay + Focus

This could also be done with a 2.9 cue Called Mark in your sequence list and then you would know where all the dark moves happen in the show.

If you wanted to automate this you can use Go inB.

The easist method i have found is to have Go onGo set globally.

Then when you record cue 3 set it to Go in B when you record it in the advnced record dialogue. If all devices are to move dark and you know they are not on in the preceding step. What will happen is when the step 3 loads into the B playback i.e. ready to be played by hitting go the attributes of step 3 will be executed.

If it is only a few of you devices that you want to move in B then.

Record step 3 as Go onGo then do

3 Preset+ Attribute. you can now in blind set go in B flags just for the devices you want to move dark.

Hope this helps.

cheers J.

• Assuming your cue structure is as follows.

cue 1 lights on

cue 2 lights off fades out over 5 seconds.

cue 3 lights on in new position

then there are several ways to achieve a dark move.

easiest if your fixture supports the function "Dark Move" use that.

If it doesn't or you want to have control of the time of the move to keep noise down.

Fetch the Position information from step 3 to step to and assign a delay longer than the intensity fade.

3 Fetch + Focus

7 Delay + Focus

This could also be done with a 2.9 cue Called Mark in your sequence list and then you would know where all the dark moves happen in the show.

If you wanted to automate this you can use Go inB.

The easist method i have found is to have Go onGo set globally.

Then when you record cue 3 set it to Go in B when you record it in the advnced record dialogue. If all devices are to move dark and you know they are not on in the preceding step. What will happen is when the step 3 loads into the B playback i.e. ready to be played by hitting go the attributes of step 3 will be executed.

If it is only a few of you devices that you want to move in B then.

Record step 3 as Go onGo then do

3 Preset+ Attribute. you can now in blind set go in B flags just for the devices you want to move dark.

Hope this helps.

cheers J.

Children
Related