Closing a channel selection in @mode

Is there a reason that CH/ID button does not work to end a channel selection in @ mode? (for instance if I want to see attributes in the live tab for devices).

I have been using the + or - buttons but then I have to use the clear function before to avoid adding the new channels to previous selection.

Thanks,

Orri

Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks.  It works sort of intermittently.  Sometimes it seems the console is waiting for additional numbers after the "."  Also it does not seem to work on devices (to select them for attribute changes or bring them up on selected channels in Live attribute tab)?

If i use "." to close down a multible selection "+" or "thru" then it works fine.  If I use it to close down a single channel selection it does not work?

Regards,
    Orri

• Hi Orri -

In At Mode, use CH at the beginning of the selection and then the "." should work all the time. I assume you are simply typing the number then "."', in which case the console doesn't know that the number isn't going to be used as a preset number, time, or anything else. If you type "CH" first, though, then it knows the number will be a channel and then the decimal point works as expected.

Or, if you want the CH key to complete the channel selection, turn At Mode off. ;-)

I hope this helps -

Sarah

• The At Mode syntax for this is [CH] # [.]

If you miss out the [CH], the console doesn't know if you're about to do something that needs a decimal point like set a time or do something with a Preset.
    - Once you've started selecting channels/groups/effects it knows what you're going to mean.

(Edit - must type faster!)

[edited by: Richard at 10:37 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Nov 2 2010]
Related