Congo-Software for Mac

Hi there!

I'm looking for the Congo console, client and offline editor software for Mac. I downloaded a version 4.3.0 package a few weeks ago which did/does not run on my Intel Mac. The new one (4.3.2) seems to work only on windows. 

Who can make suggestions on general support on Mac? Will it be equivalent or might it be better to change to the win-surface when working on Congo?

Thanks a lot!

eike!

[edited by: Eike at 3:39 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Sep 08 2007]
Parents
  • For Mac offline users, we are currently offering V4.3.0 of the Congo application for download. (It will soon be updated to the newly released V4.3.2.)

There are two versions available, one for Motorola based Macs and one for the newer Intel based Macs.

Please note that for Server or Client modes, you need to be running on Windows (Server mode is only possible with dedicated ETC hardware)..

• Hi there! I still can not manage to run the software. I repeatedly downloaded "Congo v4.3.0 Offline Editor for Mac - Intel" but after installation the start-up screen shows only the 3-piecewritten menu on a black background without beeing able to klick on anything or do any other action. Version 4.2.1 does not not even take me to the start-up-screen.. Any suggestions? Thx, eike!
  • I haven't heard about startup problems with the Mac version in a long time. I am wondering if you might be running the application in some way that we haven't foreseen.

Do you execute the Congo application from the folder it is installed into? The application uses a number of image resources that are located in a subfolder. If Congo cannot find these resources, many of the screens (including the startup screen), will be more of less black.

• Hi Eike,

I had that problem once, when I installed the congo offline editor on my user account at my powerbook. It didn´t work even after I was asked for my adminpassword while installing.
    Then I tried again and installed it directly on my admin account. And gave my user the premission to use this application. Since then it is working fine,(except the insert function). I hope this helps.......
    nice grettings from vienna,
    Roman
  • Thanks a lot: Your hints showed me the way!

I found out that the Folder "Ressources" was blocked by default after/ during the installation. Though I could by which reason ever not make it write-readable I could lock it and now it works as I expected - I wil try out how far - but It looks very much like it does what it should now.

Cheers: eike!

[edited by: Eike at 3:41 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Oct 05 2007]
  • Thanks a lot: Your hints showed me the way!

I found out that the Folder "Ressources" was blocked by default after/ during the installation. Though I could by which reason ever not make it write-readable I could lock it and now it works as I expected - I wil try out how far - but It looks very much like it does what it should now.

Cheers: eike!

[edited by: Eike at 3:41 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Oct 05 2007]
Children
No Data
Related