IPod remote application

Is it possible to turn off the auto rotation within the IPod remote application?  Also, it would be good if there was a "lock" function on the application to stop unwanted presses when carrying the Ipod around.  If you instead you turn the Ipod off it looses connection and does not remember which cannels it has previously turned off (therefore thinks they are off or not conntrolled by the application.

Thanks,
Orri

Parents
  • Depending on how your iPod Touch is setup -- (I'm using my iPhone for this example) --  you can double-tap the home button to bring up a row of icons along the bottom of your screen. These will be whichever apps are multitasking in the background, plus the standard iPod controls. Slide the icons to the far left end, and you'll see an icon with a circular arrow. Press that and it will lock the iPod Touch into portrait orientation.

Attached to this post is a sample screenshot of that bottom row.

I know that the other issue you've mentioned has been reported to the development team.

What happens is that each time your iPod/iPhone/iPad drops the WiFi connection, when it reacquires it, it actually connects as a new instance of a remote. Instead of realizing that the same remote has just connected a couple times, it sees your device as a completely different iRFR.

• With the older touches the auto rotation cannot be turned off.  Older gens of IPods do not support multi-tasking so there is no way to access the auto rotation lock.

p-

Reply Children
No Data
Related