Congo Jr newbie with hazer question

I've recently inherited having to know some setup of the Congo Jr, we are adding some mini movers, led pars, and Look Unique 2 hazers.  I've got the lights in and working but am having difficulty figuring out the hazers.  I don't see templates for the hazers and don't seem to see the options for pump and fan to create my own.  Can the Congo Jr do hazers?  Is there a place to locate templates that you need?

Parents
  • Personally, I never bother using a Template at all for hazers.

I patch them as two Intensity channels, and label those channels appropriately in the Channel Database "A" column so I can easily see what they are.

I then put those channels onto my Independants in Exclusive mode.
    This gives me simple knobs to adjust the amount of haze and fan as needed throughout the run.

- I find that you never need the same amount of haze twice, as it depends so much on the weather, which doors are open, how many people are in the house etc etc.

• That sounds exactly like I want with them on the independents, make excellent sense.  I have gotten the hazer assgined and can get it hazing and not hazing with the wheel, but it seems to just be the pump not the fan.  Also how do I get attached to the independents?  I've tried following the instructions on the help from the board but must be missing something.  Thank you all so much for the help!

• On the jr, go to Independents menu in the browser, then select which independent you want to modify and hit ... well, Modify... the window should open up and then you select which channel(s) you want assigned to that independent, choose your other options, and execute. Then you should be good to go. Keep in mind on the Jr. Independents 1-3 are faders, 4-6 are soft-key only, and 7-9 are buttons which can either be toggles or flash style. I use toggles for my worklights and flash style to trigger our confetti cannon, and I use the knobs for the snow machine and hazer.

On that note, anyone else using fog/haze/snow machines with device profiles? On the one hand, setting it up with a profile is nice because it distinguishes it easily in the channel screen, but on the other hand it's much easier to use a master or an independent knob to control if you just treat it like a dimmer...

• Blackfaer said:

On that note, anyone else using fog/haze/snow machines with device profiles?

Nope.

The hazer I use the most is the DF-50, which is on or off. I give it a relay module in the Sensor rack, put that channel as a toggle on an independent and forget about it.

If I recorded it into presets, I'd probably give it a generic hazer template to keep track of it or label that channel in the Channel Database, but when it's on an independent and all I have to do is look if that toggle is engaged, I don't gain anything by formally patching it as a device.

• Blackfaer said:

On that note, anyone else using fog/haze/snow machines with device profiles?

Nope.

The hazer I use the most is the DF-50, which is on or off. I give it a relay module in the Sensor rack, put that channel as a toggle on an independent and forget about it.

If I recorded it into presets, I'd probably give it a generic hazer template to keep track of it or label that channel in the Channel Database, but when it's on an independent and all I have to do is look if that toggle is engaged, I don't gain anything by formally patching it as a device.

Children
No Data
Related