Opinions, please: Color frame info or palette name in Live channel symbols?

Hi all -

We need your help - currently for scroller channels, we display the frame number and name under the channel number and intensity in channel symbols in the Live tab. If the frame has been stored into a palette, we do not show the palette name here, always the frame number and text. Palette names are displayed in the Attributes view of the Live tab.

We are considering changing this so that the palette name would always be shown in channel and attribute views. Does anyone have a reason why they would not want this behavior?

Thanks much!

Sarah

Parents
  • Hi Sarah,

I think it would be useful to see palette names in the channel view since this is the way the data is being stored.  Would we still see the frame # and text if we weren't using a palette?  I would want the channel view to follow the same logic for toggling between palette # and palette data that the attribute view uses. (I think it's SOFTKEY Channels > Data)

Would you be able to show the color palette info for all color changing devices in the channel view, CXIs, Seachangers, LEDs, etc?  You would still have to go to the attributes tab to see the values in multi parameter palettes but it would save a lot of jumping around when using existing palettes.

That's my two cents,
    Mat

• Hi Sarah,

I think it would be useful to see palette names in the channel view since this is the way the data is being stored.  Would we still see the frame # and text if we weren't using a palette?  I would want the channel view to follow the same logic for toggling between palette # and palette data that the attribute view uses. (I think it's SOFTKEY Channels > Data)

Would you be able to show the color palette info for all color changing devices in the channel view, CXIs, Seachangers, LEDs, etc?  You would still have to go to the attributes tab to see the values in multi parameter palettes but it would save a lot of jumping around when using existing palettes.

That's my two cents,
    Mat

Children
Related